cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Extended Reach trial (60dB)

N/A

Are Force9/Plusnet going to be participating in the extended reach trial that has just been announced, and if so, how does someone get onto it?
5 REPLIES
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Re: ADSL Extended Reach trial (60dB)

Are Force9/Plusnet going to be participating in the extended reach trial that has just been announced, and if so, how does someone get onto it?

Hi there,

I am please to confirm that F9 has been accepted onto the 60dB trial, please watch the portal over the next week or so for an announcement on how to proceed.
N/A

I have a friend over on plusnet who could benefit from the extended reach trials - are plusnet involved as well?
Mike_Grice
Grafter

I have a friend over on plusnet who could benefit from the extended reach trials - are plusnet involved as well?

Yep -- we're the same company.
N/A

Great, thought so.

Thanks, Mike
Ianwild
Grafter

Just to confirm for those that didn't see the announcment, I have re-produced it below:

Force9 ADSL 'Extended Reach' Trial
Dear Customers,

Customers may be aware that BT recently announced a trial for users who have failed ADSL installations in the past due to excessive line noise. The extended reach trial will allow customers to receive an ADSL service, where their line has a loss of upto 60dB, as supposed to the normal RADSL limit of 55dB. A small trial of just 100 lines with BT staff has already been carried out successfully; this 1000 line pilot should ensure that when the service is fully released any issues are completely understood.

Demand for this trial is expected to be huge and because the number of trial spaces is very limited we will prioritise early orders from current PlusNet customers. If you do not currently have an account with us, or are unable to login to our web portal using the details of your previous ADSL order, you will need to create a new "Free" account, by signing up for the option on our website.

It is important to note that this trial system is ONLY for users who have applied for ADSL and failed previously. New orders (i.e. where ADSL has never been ordered on the line before), may be submitted as normal via our website signup process. Furthermore, from the 9th July, BT will apply new planning rules to this process to ensure a higher proportion of borderline cases are provided.

If you are interested in being entered on the trial, please visit http://trials.f9.net.uk , where you will be taken through a wizard to assist us in collecting the necessary details to submit your order. We cannot guarantee that an acceptance of your order via this process will allow you to take part in the trial, however we will submit as many orders as possible to BT using this system from the 9th July Onwards.

If the trial is successful, BT are expecting to announce the final rollout date for extended reach ADSL in early September.

With Regards,

Force9 Customer Support