cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Download speed

N/A

ADSL Download speed

Hi I have a 2MB ADSL connection and since I have made the change to 2MB I am getting really slow download speeds infact I am downloading a 10MB file and I am getting 10Kb\sec not much quicker that my dial up modem 5.5Kb\sec

Has anybody else had the same I know I have run all new cables and now and then I will get 150Kb\sec which is more of what I was expecting I would not have though the contention would be that high to cause this everybody else I speak to has never had their downloads drop this low??

Any help would be great.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Unthrottled or NOT? Ivan

Hello,

Since you upgraded to the 2MB service can I just check with you, have you had your service unthrottled by F9 support?? otherwise you wont get the full 2MB service. If you havent had the connection unthrottled since the upgrade then you need to contact customer support and explain the situation to them and ask them if they would unthrottle your connection which usually be done quite quickly.

**Have you tried optimsing your ADSL connection by tweaking your MTU values? this can improve performace noticably.

Ivan
N/A

Re: Unthrottled or NOT? Ivan

**Have you tried optimsing your ADSL connection by tweaking your MTU values? this can improve performace noticably.

Ivan

^ Where can I find some professional/official information on doing this, please?
N/A

ADSL Download speed

ya i would like to know that too the mtu for f9 that is
N/A

ADSL Download speed

Try this programme: http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Worked for me.

Regards

Mark
N/A

ADSL Download speed

I've used the program and nothing noticeable has happened =(

Cheers for the info though didit
N/A

ADSL Download speed

Presumably your router already has the optimum settings, I know it "tweaked" mine when I used it.

Just out of curiosity, are you on Premier or Plus? If Plus, could it be the file is through a P2P application which is heavily throttled on this account.?

Regards

Mark
N/A

ADSL Download speed

Mark,

Nah, I'm on the residential 2MB premier account and the file was off a website (YouSendIt, RapidShare or File Front I thnk). Either way, they were going no faster than 60-70kB/s

Rich