cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Don't bother

N/A

ADSL Don't bother

Having been used to the "watch paint dry" with my old ISP i thought i would leave all that behind when i went ADSL (self install) with f9

Should have known better and saved myself a lot of money.

Yes when it works it's great but a lot of the time it's no different than my old ISP,since joining i've had problems with e-mail,connection,slow downloads all have been sorted to a degree but keep coming back, i wouldn't call the service reliable and it's always someone else's fault.

Will i renew my contract at present i would say no,am i happy with the service from Customer Support no,would i recommend f9 no.do i think it's worth the money going ADSL with any ISP no.

--
Regards
Charles
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Don't bother

You state that you have had these problems with other ISPs. If this is the case then it is likely to be a line problem.

Have you tried a connection with no phones or extensions on the line? In a lot of cases bad adsl connections can be down to a falty splitter or poor quality telephone extension.

Kind regards

Kevin
N/A

> Having been used to the "watch paint dry" with my old ISP i thought i would leave all that behind when i went ADSL (self install) with f9
>
> Should have known better and saved myself a lot of money.

FWIW, very fast and reliable here.

Tech support is very good indeed IMHO.

Good luck,

Guy
N/A

> You state that you have had these problems with other ISPs. If this is the case then it is likely to be a line problem.
>
> Have you tried a connection with no phones or extensions on the line? In a lot of cases bad adsl connections can be down to a falty splitter or poor quality telephone extension.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Kevin
>

Hi Kevin
My old ISP was the standard connection not ADSL.By going ADSL i thought i would see the last of these problems,not so.Phone line was installed by BT and has been tested.I have also tries 3 splitters over the last few months with no difference.
Regards
Charles
N/A

At least you managed to get connected! I supposedly had ADSL on 19th June - over a month ago, but have yet to manage to connect.
F9 have taken payment for 2 months of use despite this.
Support is non-existenet. I have now spent over 7 hours on hold trying to get through for help. I have sent emails with no reponse in 24 hours.
Is it just F9 or will everyone else be like this.

I used to be happy with the service I got but am very close now to suing - I have spent over £700 so far and have nothing to show but grief.

> Having been used to the "watch paint dry" with my old ISP i thought i would leave all that behind when i went ADSL (self install) with f9
>
> Should have known better and saved myself a lot of money.
>
> Yes when it works it's great but a lot of the time it's no different than my old ISP,since joining i've had problems with e-mail,connection,slow downloads all have been sorted to a degree but keep coming back, i wouldn't call the service reliable and it's always someone else's fault.
>
> Will i renew my contract at present i would say no,am i happy with the service from Customer Support no,would i recommend f9 no.do i think it's worth the money going ADSL with any ISP no.
>
>
> --
> Regards
> Charles

N/A

> At least you managed to get connected! I supposedly had ADSL on 19th June - over a month ago, but have yet to manage to connect.
> F9 have taken payment for 2 months of use despite this.
> Support is non-existenet. I have now spent over 7 hours on hold trying to get through for help. I have sent emails with no reponse in 24 hours.
> Is it just F9 or will everyone else be like this.
>
> I used to be happy with the service I got but am very close now to suing - I have spent over £700 so far and have nothing to show but grief.
>
> > Having been used to the "watch paint dry" with my old ISP i thought i would leave all that behind when i went ADSL (self install) with f9
> >
> > Should have known better and saved myself a lot of money.
> >
> > Yes when it works it's great but a lot of the time it's no different than my old ISP,since joining i've had problems with e-mail,connection,slow downloads all have been sorted to a degree but keep coming back, i wouldn't call the service reliable and it's always someone else's fault.
> >
> > Will i renew my contract at present i would say no,am i happy with the service from Customer Support no,would i recommend f9 no.do i think it's worth the money going ADSL with any ISP no.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Charles
>
>

--
Regards
Charles
N/A

> At least you managed to get connected! I supposedly had ADSL on 19th June - over a month ago, but have yet to manage to connect.
> Support is non-existenet. I have now spent over 7 hours on hold trying to get through for help. I have sent emails with no reponse in 24 hours.
>
> I used to be happy with the service I got but am very close now to suing - I have spent over £700 so far and have nothing to show but grief.
>
> > Having been used to the "watch paint dry" with my old ISP i thought i would leave all that behind when i went ADSL (self install) with f9
> >
> >
> > Yes when it works it's great but a lot of the time it's no different than my old ISP,since joining i've had problems with e-mail,connection,slow downloads all have been sorted to a degree but keep coming back, i wouldn't call the service reliable and it's always someone else's fault.
> >
> > Will i renew my contract at present i would say no,am i happy with the service from Customer Support no,would i recommend f9 no.do i think it's worth the money going ADSL with any ISP no.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Charles
>
> > At least you managed to get connected! I supposedly had ADSL on 19th June - over a month ago, but have yet to manage to connect.
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Charles
Hi Graeme
Can't answer your question as to it just being f9,from the service received so far quite possible.

I had to reboot my PC seven times the other day in order to connect.

During the first 5 weeks of no service i was promised a refund \ credit but as soon as i was sort of sorted any hope of a refund went out the window.

The only satisfaction you are guarnteed is not to recommend f9 in fact anyone that asks me about f9 are left in no doubt about the service i've received.

As soon as my year is up i will be going with a local provider,if he had been on the go three months ago i wouldn't be with f9 now.

Good luck
Charles

--
Regards
Charles