cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Connection

Pardip
Newbie
Posts: 6
Registered: 06-08-2007

ADSL Connection

I have had ADSL from this useless company since Feb 2002. It been a nightmare keeping it going. It has been down for 5 days now and there is not support. Yiou wait on that 0845 1400250 number it disconnects after 10 mins and takes more that 20 mins to talks to a technical ... sorry .... talkincal support.

My problem I paid for 12months advance ... my serious headache … okay I was drunk at the time .

1. Is there complaint procedure?
2. Does anyone know how I can get my money back?
3. Is anyone else having such a useless service from this company?
4. Force 9 should setup a complaints forum where the customers leave comment regarding useless service.

Make sure that you do not recommend their service your friend.

6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Connection

I, too, have had ADSL service since February, but the service has been generally reliable - a couple of relatively short outages, the worst of a few hours, ans certainly nothing that could be characterised as "up and down like a yo-yo".

When you next experience a problem, I suggest you use the troubleshooting techniques outlined at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=Troubleshooting and expecially the bit about the BT test login, bt_test@startup_domain.
Pardip
Newbie
Posts: 6
Registered: 06-08-2007

RE: ADSL Connection

hI,

if you read me open tickets on your support sections you will realise that this suggestion is a good one but useless one. Number of times I had the services outage before raising a ticket I do these by deafult. Just to let you know the service is still down. The ADSL Synch light is flashing which means there is broken link i.e. no adsl ,.... trying resetting my ADSL card at the exchange that would help. I take you are experienced enough to do that by default. Ooops sorry! if you had done it would be working today but its not.

So go and do some work and get my ADSL working rather than answering in robotic fashion.

I will be charging yuou company for time should have ADSL up but I had pay for it.

i.e. Phones call and dialup connection service charges.


> I, too, have had ADSL service since February, but the service has been generally reliable - a couple of relatively short outages, the worst of a few hours, ans certainly nothing that could be characterised as "up and down like a yo-yo".
>
> When you next experience a problem, I suggest you use the troubleshooting techniques outlined at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=Troubleshooting and expecially the bit about the BT test login, bt_test@startup_domain.

N/A

RE: ADSL Connection

> hI,
>
> if you read me open tickets on your support sections you will realise that this suggestion is a good one but useless one. Number of times I had the services outage before raising a ticket I do these by deafult. Just to let you know the service is still down. The ADSL Synch light is flashing which means there is broken link i.e. no adsl

That's the point of the test: it completely removes the ISP (Force9/PlusNet) from the equation, so if the test doesn't work, it shows the problem is not a problem at the ISP itself.

I believe you said in your earlier posts that Force9/PlusNet have kept telling you it's a problem with BT - well, based on the test not working, I'd say they were justified in saying that: it's certainly not a problem with Force9/PlusNet. (Unless, of course, there is another problem as well.) It could even be a problem with your setup - more likely I'd say if you're using either a USB or a PCI internal modem, where people have reported strange interactions between, drivers, hardware (eg the chipsets used in various motherboards) and Operating Systems (even different versions of Windows).

I know it's frustrating to be paying for a service you aren't gaining benefit from, and even though it may not be a problem with Force9/PlusNet, they are your only route to BT, whose problem it may well be.

I think if I was in your position now, I'd be going through the newsgroups to see if other people have experienced problems with the same combinations of ADSL modem / PC / Motherboard / OS that you're using. There are several instances of people solving this type of intermittent connection problem by upgrading the firmware on one or more components in their system. Also, on the "Contact Us" ticket, I'd be urging Force9/PlusNet to press BT and getting definite commitments from both companies: eg - Who in Force9/PlusNet is going to raise this with BT? When? Who was the BT person they spoke to? What was his response? When is he going to do what? In other words, pin them down.
Pardip
Newbie
Posts: 6
Registered: 06-08-2007

RE: ADSL Connection

I have just spoken to BT, Carol, No one has requested the service to be restored. The service was terminated that was requested by Force 9.

So my good friend, just to update you, instead of you updating me, it still down.

Do you think you could check with BT why the service still terminated?

That might too much to ask at this point.

> > hI,
> >
> > if you read me open tickets on your support sections you will realise that this suggestion is a good one but useless one. Number of times I had the services outage before raising a ticket I do these by deafult. Just to let you know the service is still down. The ADSL Synch light is flashing which means there is broken link i.e. no adsl
>
> That's the point of the test: it completely removes the ISP (Force9/PlusNet) from the equation, so if the test doesn't work, it shows the problem is not a problem at the ISP itself.
>
> I believe you said in your earlier posts that Force9/PlusNet have kept telling you it's a problem with BT - well, based on the test not working, I'd say they were justified in saying that: it's certainly not a problem with Force9/PlusNet. (Unless, of course, there is another problem as well.) It could even be a problem with your setup - more likely I'd say if you're using either a USB or a PCI internal modem, where people have reported strange interactions between, drivers, hardware (eg the chipsets used in various motherboards) and Operating Systems (even different versions of Windows).
>
> I know it's frustrating to be paying for a service you aren't gaining benefit from, and even though it may not be a problem with Force9/PlusNet, they are your only route to BT, whose problem it may well be.
>
> I think if I was in your position now, I'd be going through the newsgroups to see if other people have experienced problems with the same combinations of ADSL modem / PC / Motherboard / OS that you're using. There are several instances of people solving this type of intermittent connection problem by upgrading the firmware on one or more components in their system. Also, on the "Contact Us" ticket, I'd be urging Force9/PlusNet to press BT and getting definite commitments from both companies: eg - Who in Force9/PlusNet is going to raise this with BT? When? Who was the BT person they spoke to? What was his response? When is he going to do what? In other words, pin them down.

Pardip
Newbie
Posts: 6
Registered: 06-08-2007

RE: ADSL Connection. Still not Resolved Mr Muir

I am sorry to say that I have been in touch with various different departments within BT they each concluded that the ADSL has been seized due ISP request. It is going in circles without any resolutions. I have paid the required fee for 12 months + £50 for connection.

There should not be any reason why I should pay any further fee.

BT are suggesting that you, my ISP, has requested the service to be terminated and you, my ISP, are saying BT have done it self. The service is pretty much difficult to terminate without being requested.

Resolve the issue between yourself and BT to provide me with the service I have paid for in advance.
> > hI,
> >
> > if you read me open tickets on your support sections you will realise that this suggestion is a good one but useless one. Number of times I had the services outage before raising a ticket I do these by deafult. Just to let you know the service is still down. The ADSL Synch light is flashing which means there is broken link i.e. no adsl
>
> That's the point of the test: it completely removes the ISP (Force9/PlusNet) from the equation, so if the test doesn't work, it shows the problem is not a problem at the ISP itself.
>
> I believe you said in your earlier posts that Force9/PlusNet have kept telling you it's a problem with BT - well, based on the test not working, I'd say they were justified in saying that: it's certainly not a problem with Force9/PlusNet. (Unless, of course, there is another problem as well.) It could even be a problem with your setup - more likely I'd say if you're using either a USB or a PCI internal modem, where people have reported strange interactions between, drivers, hardware (eg the chipsets used in various motherboards) and Operating Systems (even different versions of Windows).
>
> I know it's frustrating to be paying for a service you aren't gaining benefit from, and even though it may not be a problem with Force9/PlusNet, they are your only route to BT, whose problem it may well be.
>
> I think if I was in your position now, I'd be going through the newsgroups to see if other people have experienced problems with the same combinations of ADSL modem / PC / Motherboard / OS that you're using. There are several instances of people solving this type of intermittent connection problem by upgrading the firmware on one or more components in their system. Also, on the "Contact Us" ticket, I'd be urging Force9/PlusNet to press BT and getting definite commitments from both companies: eg - Who in Force9/PlusNet is going to raise this with BT? When? Who was the BT person they spoke to? What was his response? When is he going to do what? In other words, pin them down.

N/A

RE: ADSL Connection. Still not Resolved Mr Muir

> I am sorry to say that I have been in touch with various different departments within BT they each concluded that the ADSL has been seized due ISP request. It is going in circles without any resolutions. I have paid the required fee for 12 months + £50 for connection.
>
> There should not be any reason why I should pay any further fee.
>
> BT are suggesting that you, my ISP, has requested the service to be terminated and you, my ISP, are saying BT have done it self. The service is pretty much difficult to terminate without being requested.
>
> Resolve the issue between yourself and BT to provide me with the service I have paid for in advance.

Excuse me! There is *no* issue between myself and BT! I have *no idea* what has happened to your account!

But that's because, like you, I AM A CUSTOMER of Force9 / PlusNet. You seem to be under some misapprehension about this! I am not a support person; this is a public forum, and my comments are simply those of a fellow-customer. I have no recourse to BT to solve your problems.

Have you raised this issue with Force9 on a "Contact Us" ticket?