cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Connection problem

N/A

ADSL Connection problem

I have not been able to connect to the internet for over 5 days now. Support guys could not find anything wrong and have passed it to BT fro investigation.

Has anybody experienced the same problem?

I think I have been assigned IPs that have not been configured properly. I would like to know if anybody is the following IPs and gateway ;

Your IP is in the range 212.159.81. or 212.159.104.

Your reported GW IP (from logon) is 213.120.204.129 ?

Thanks
Farid
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Connection problem

> I have not been able to connect to the internet for over 5 days now. Support guys could not find anything wrong and have passed it to BT fro investigation.
>
> Has anybody experienced the same problem?
>
> I think I have been assigned IPs that have not been configured properly. I would like to know if anybody is the following IPs and gateway ;
>
> Your IP is in the range 212.159.81. or 212.159.104.
>
> Your reported GW IP (from logon) is 213.120.204.129 ?
>

Hi,

The IP's you state here seem fine. Your router should connect and be assigned the IP, 212.159.104.xxx and your gateway address will vary each time you connect.

Does your router have a facility to run a ping command from its software? This can be useful so that you can totally rule out any LAN problems.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: ADSL Connection problem

> > I have not been able to connect to the internet for over 5 days now. Support guys could not find anything wrong and have passed it to BT fro investigation.
> >
> > Has anybody experienced the same problem?
> >
> > I think I have been assigned IPs that have not been configured properly. I would like to know if anybody is the following IPs and gateway ;
> >
> > Your IP is in the range 212.159.81. or 212.159.104.
> >
> > Your reported GW IP (from logon) is 213.120.204.129 ?
> >
>
> Hi,
>
> The IP's you state here seem fine. Your router should connect and be assigned the IP, 212.159.104.xxx and your gateway address will vary each time you connect.
>
> Does your router have a facility to run a ping command from its software? This can be useful so that you can totally rule out any LAN problems.
>
> Regards, Torsten.
>
> --
> | Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +