cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Binatone 2100 problems with Windows 98

N/A

I hope someone can help me!
I have just received and set up my Binatone ADSL 2100.
Using Windows 98 downloads are working fine, but the load up time of internet pages is very slow (around 17 seconds). Speed tests show the speed is OK (486.09 kbps). Also, when I loaded the internet via Knoppix the internet pages loaded alot quicker.
Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I could try? Please make your replies simple, I'm not that technical - but I can follow instructions!

Many thanks
8 REPLIES
N/A

I'm afraid I cannot help, but I also have issues running Win98SE with Binatone ADSL2100 router. My problem is intermittent - sometimes web page will load very quickly, then another web page will timeout, or take several minutes. e-mails and newsgroup message downloads are also affected.

I've already posted details to support so I don't want to repeat them all here, but will keep you posted if I get any news.

Cheers,

Chris.
N/A

thanks very much. Binatone have been very helpful and have sent me this link

ftp://customer:binatone@80.176.199.241

this is new firmware, and they say that downloading the firmware and the instructions should fix the problem. I haven't got around to doing it yet though!
N/A

Unfortunately, I have downloaded the new firmware and have managed to kill my router Shockedops:

The firmware download went ok, I got the message to press the reset button, it rebooted and ...nothing. I have a power on light and an ethernet link light, but no DSL light . I can't even ping the router - the link light flashes but the requests timeout.

I'm not sure what could have happened, but be careful if you try your router .

Cheers,

Chris.
N/A

An update - Binatone technical support have been very helpful (responding on a saturday Shocked ). so hopefully I'l l be back with broadband soon.

Cheers,

Chris.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Guys,

Binatone has said that the new firmware should fix your problems, please keep us updated so we ensure anyone else with this type of issue can get it resolved fairly easily.
N/A

Fingers crossed, the firmware has solved my problems! i will come back to you if any problems reoccur, but at the moment I am Cheesy

thanks for all your help! I almost feel technical!
N/A

Yep, same here, I 've been running with the new firmware for the last couple of days and it is working a treat. Cheesy

Many thanks to the excellent technical support from Binatone (Gary Ohlson), and to fatpenguin for first making me aware that there was an updated firmware.

Cheers,

Chris.
N/A

Bad news!

My modem appears to have died! I have no idea what I did, but the DSL light and the PPP light have both given up the ghost! I cannot get onto the internet at home at all now (I am being naughty and logging on in work time).

I realise that Chris had this problem as well, how did you fix it? I cannot find any settings on my PC to try. Will I have to send my modem back?