cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Modem - Self Starter Pack - Problems

rifraf

A360 Modem - Self Starter Pack - Problems

I have recently purchased the self starter pack which includes an A360 Dynamode USB ADSL Modem.

I cannot get the thing to work!

I'm on windows XP and whilst the ADSL Monitor and Status states that the ADSL LInk is connected and that the ADSL Modem is available - when i try to connect using the dial up - i keep getting Error 651 (the modem or other connecting device has reported an error. The modem light under ADSL is on and the light under the USB is on intermittently

Has anyone else has similar problems and if so how did you get it sorted out?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: A360 Modem - Self Starter Pack - REPLY

> I have recently purchased the self starter pack which includes an A360 Dynamode USB ADSL Modem.
>
> I cannot get the thing to work!
>
> I'm on windows XP and whilst the ADSL Monitor and Status states that the ADSL LInk is connected and that the ADSL Modem is available - when i try to connect using the dial up - i keep getting Error 651 (the modem or other connecting device has reported an error. The modem light under ADSL is on and the light under the USB is on intermittently
>
> Has anyone else has similar problems and if so how did you get it sorted out?

Hi,
I am also using an ADSL USB modem with windowsXPpro, as far as my expereience goes the problem that you describe may one of two or three things (well that narrows it down at least).

1)delete and re-create your dial-up networking from within winodwsXP (could also be that you've got the incorrect settings in here?)

2)beaware that the above (DUN)DOES NOT dial a phone number as such but uses the PCI & VPI settings instead,along with your username & password.

3)Ensure that you have entered your static IP address for your device.

4)I would also suggest that you un-install the modem drivers re-boot your system and then re-install the modem drivers a fresh.

5)on my system the software for the modem specifically ask me NOT to connect the USB modem before I am asked to do so by the install program.

6)Plug in the modem only after the modem software has been installed or ask's you to connect the device.

7)Check that your USB port is detected correctly by windowsXP and that the device also can be used with both versions of USB (i.e.USB version 1 & version2.0).

CoolFinally WinXP can get very picky about device driver versions so check that you have the latest driver versions from the modem maker. It did make a difference when I installed newer drivers.

Hope this helps,Best Wishes.
Ivan Ratoyevsky

--
N/A

RE: A360 Modem - Self Starter Pack - Further Info

> I have recently purchased the self starter pack which includes an A360 Dynamode USB ADSL Modem.
>
> I cannot get the thing to work!
>
> I'm on windows XP and whilst the ADSL Monitor and Status states that the ADSL LInk is connected and that the ADSL Modem is available - when i try to connect using the dial up - i keep getting Error 651 (the modem or other connecting device has reported an error. The modem light under ADSL is on and the light under the USB is on intermittently
>
> Has anyone else has similar problems and if so how did you get it sorted out?

Hi Again,
Dont know if you have had a look at this page,it might possibly be of use?
www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=225

Ivan
--