I signed up to the ADSL service on the 2nd of October, it's now the 21st and i've just started to be able to use it.
It's a blazing 70k a second, and everything works fine. Just to 'test it out' i downloaded about 1.5 gig last night, imagine doing that on a 56k modem.... painfull!
I'm not exactly sure why it took so long to finally get it activated, but it involved either BT or F9 cancelling the activation (both sides deny knowledge) so it had to be re-submitted (and miss charging me another 70 squid)
The tech suppt. plebs seemed decent, although i did have a couple of 'numpti's' who couldnt tell their ***** from their elbow, but never mind.
But all-in-all, a little waiting never did anyone any harm, just a little inconvenient.
PS. I'm using Homesurf self-install, with a SMC ADSL Barricade Router (SMC7401BRA) and microfilters from Insight.com.