cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A+ and Network+

Community Veteran

A+ and Network+

Right,

Ive been thinking of completing these two qualifications through self learning. Ive had a stab at the MCSE previously but there is too much work for self learing and its too expensive as a course.

Personally I dont put much weight in the A+ and Network+ courses but some employers do. I've got 7 years IT experience which I consider far more valuable but every little helps and qualifications are what my CV is lacking.

My plan is to get a book and do the A+ stuff, then take (and hopefully pass) the exam. Then repeat for the Network+

Has anyone completed the A+ through self learn? What books and websites did you find useful and how long did it take you.

TIA
Chris
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: A+ and Network+

too much work for self learing

Chris

Carefull Chris. You could get arrested for learing. Cheesy
Community Veteran

A+ and Network+

Certainly self learing!

Just to put the record stright I certainly dont sit infront of a mirror all day and lear at myself!
N/A

A+ and Network+

That would be very worrying.
N/A

A+ and Network+

I get a crack round the head if I lear at the wrong time.

Is there ever a right time?
N/A

Re: A+ and Network+

My plan is to get a book and do the A+ stuff, then take (and hopefully pass) the exam. Then repeat for the Network+

Has anyone completed the A+ through self learn? What books and websites did you find useful and how long did it take you.

TIA
Chris

Mike meyers makes good (albeit hefy books) which i bought and have passed on to a friend for him to learn from, about 30 quid (big gold book)

linky
here

At the mo im doing an online learning course (smartcertify) which is actually pretty good, got through my network and A+ exams first time

Ready for me first MCP when i can book time off my new job in the NHS it support team Cheesy (bit of a step up from my previous jobs Wink )
N/A

Handy hints

I think having the Network+ and A+ shows you know he fundamentals of both and is very handy in interviews, never hurts to have qualifications

I saw sheffield in the sig, so heres some handy hints Wink

I did my exams at http://www.wyvern-training.co.uk/ and you can get cheap exam vouchers at http://www.getcertify4less.com/aplusint.asp to save about 20 quid a test (make sure you get the UK VUE vouchers