cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Few questions for ya all.

N/A

A Few questions for ya all.

Hello,

Can some please set me straight with some of these questions?

1. How long after your initial payment has been made, could you use your ADSL?

2. What is the connection number you are using, when I downloaded the autoconfigure file it put this 0 845 1422000 number in the dialup number box, is this correct for ADSL?

3. Do you get call charges with F9's ADSL, or do I just pay for voice calls made through my phone.

Thanks for you time and hope to hear from someone soon.

Andie
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: A Few questions for ya all.

> Hello,
>
> Can some please set me straight with some of these questions?
>
> 1. How long after your initial payment has been made, could you use your ADSL?
>
> 2. What is the connection number you are using, when I downloaded the autoconfigure file it put this 0 845 1422000 number in the dialup number box, is this correct for ADSL?
>
> 3. Do you get call charges with F9's ADSL, or do I just pay for voice calls made through my phone.
>
> Thanks for you time and hope to hear from someone soon.
>
>
> Andie

Hi Andie,
I will try my best too answer your various questions:-

1)After the initial payment for activation of my BT phone line (£57 I think at the time)was made it was only a few days before my phone line was activated (i.e. ADSL Enabled)which means that I could have started using it.

2)With ADSL there IS NO!!PHONE NUMBER used in the connection remember ADSL is NOT the same as a dailup modem (even though there are some similarities dont get confused!!).

3)No!with ADSL you have a BT phoneline for which you pay a normal tariff each month or whatever depending on your specific package deal with BT,usually inc line rental,etc. (just for your voice calls only)

Now ontop of the BT costs you also pay F9 for your ADSL account & service. F9 provide the data transmission over your BT enabled ADSL connection.

Hope this helps

--