cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% Of all Street Crime is by Drug Addicts

N/A

50% Of all Street Crime is by Drug Addicts

... so say the Police today on the news (Home Office stats say 2/3 or all property crime is drug-fuelled as well). So they will "crack down" on the evil pushers and crime syndicates that fuel this problem.

So let me get this straight:

1. We crack down on the drugs rings (just like we've been cracking down on them for the last 50 years).

2. The price of drugs gos up because the supply is down, but demand is the same.

3. Addicts need more money to buy drugs at the higher prices.

4. Addicts commit more crime to fund this.

5. I am more likely to get my car broken into.

Forgive me if I'm being stupid - but does that make no sense at all, in any way?

Why don't they round up all the addicts, give them the drugs they need, deriminalize the drugs and stop the drug war?

Or is that too simple? This is certainly confusing the hell out of me.

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 50% Of all Street Crime is by Drug Addicts

I say let them have as much as they want free from the chemist. Drugged up people hurt nobody but them selves. Any one stupid enough to take drugs deserves no sympathy get em total high 99% of the time. If the stuff is freely availaible for them on perscription then there is no need for a drug pusher and they will all go bust.
N/A

> I say let them have as much as they want free from the chemist. Drugged up people hurt nobody but them selves. Any one stupid enough to take drugs deserves no sympathy get em total high 99% of the time. If the stuff is freely availaible for them on perscription then there is no need for a drug pusher and they will all go bust.

Give that man a medal!! Couldn't agree more!
N/A

Why not legalise drug taking, at the same time open up medical clinics where people can get a shot for a nominal £1.00. This way they get safe needles, cheap drugs ( so they won't go to the Pushers ). They will not need to beat an old lady over the head to feed their habit, so crime statistics will drop, especially those concerning agravated assaults. If they really want to be weened off drugs as I believe some do, they can report to the clinic as drug taking will be legal and the Police won't be interested. Advantages as follows:

1. No Pushers.
2. Help available for addicts.
3. Decline in HIV
4. Rapidly falling crime rate
5. More addicts coming off drugs.
6. More lives saved.

To me this is logical, can't understand what is stopping the powers that be! Unless they have a vested interest in drugs of course. What! Surely not!

It surely must be for the greater good!

Tim

PS I think money will actually be saved in the long run as there will be less people on drugs and less will be spent on combatting crime. The NHS Bills would be initially higher regarding the clinics, but a lot less regarding the victims of the drug induced crime, and eventually regarding the addicts.If the authorities were seriously interested in handling the drug problem, they would legalise it. What is an addict going to do? Spend &000's with a Pusher and risk dodgy drugs or take a trip to the nearest clinic? Goodbye Pusher.
N/A

According to the Met 80% of muggings in the capital are carried out by non whites. And if 50% of all street crime is by drug addicts.

What does that tell us ?
N/A

> What does that tell us ?

That only white people can afford the prices?

Come to think of it, I've not heard of any drugs raids on firms in the city of London or Wall Street, which is probably where most of the daily cocaine use is going on.

So what does *that* tell us?