cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party domain names and my webspace

N/A

Hi,
I have a domain name hosted with another company, and i have access to the DNS records. Is it possible to link that domain name with my force9 webspace and cgi area? If that is possible is it possible to link it to a folder in my webspace?

Thanks in advance!! Smiley

Dan
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Dan,

This is certainly possible. What you'll need to do is change the nameservers for you domain to ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net and raise a ticket via Contact Us asking us to host your domain and we'll add it to your account.

By default it will point to your existing webspace, but you can change the "hosting directory" to point to a sub-directory of your webspace via the Domain Name control panel once the transfer is complete.
N/A

will force9 charge me anything for this?? (now or when the domain name is to be renewed by my domain provider)

thanks for your quick reply

Dan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

You can host up to 3 domains on your account without charge, and if you leave the billing with your current domain provider then there would no charge at all from us, just the normal renewal fee from your existing provider.
N/A

ok thats great, thanks for your help. will do that now...

Dan
N/A

I also have a domain hosted by freeola - they also do my email with multiple accounts - I only pay £20 every 2 years for them to host this and to maintain my email.

If I moved this to F9 would you also deal with mulitple emails accounts that go along with my domain - or is there extra charging for this.

If I wanted F9 to fully host everything for this domain what are the normal charges when renewing.

thanks
N/A

hi,

https://portal.f9.net.uk/info2/domains.html

tells you all force9 domain name pricing.

I have a domain with freeparking or £9.99 for 2 years which doesnt include hosting, just web+email forwarding. But i want my domain name to be present when people browse my site Smiley

Force9 are fanstastic value on the whole, but as far as domain names go i just cant afford force9's registration/renewal fees!

Dan