cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3COM OFFICECONNECT ADSL WIRELESS 11G FIREWALL ROUTER

N/A

interestingly i've been having trouble accessing microsoft.com and ebay.com / ebay.co.uk.

could this *still* be a dns-cache problem?
8 REPLIES
N/A

purchased a 3COM OFFICECONNECT ADSL WIRELESS 11G FIREWALL ROUTER from misco, could not access certain web sites like bbc, ebay and f9 home page if the firewall was turned on. Ending up trying 3 different units all had same problem (one supplied by 3com). 3com support but misco are a nightmare, very hard to get a refund, still waiting for them to collect a return , promised next day collection but still waiting after a week. I have now got a
linksys router and this works fine
N/A

Repeating yourself, Repeating yourself?

Hi,

Please try NOT to post the same subject or item in more than one forum F9 Plusnet do tend to get abit upset if you continue to do this, please kindly bear this in mind for future reference.

Ivan
N/A

Re: Repeating yourself, Repeating yourself?

Hi,

Please try NOT to post the same subject or item in more than one forum F9 Plusnet do tend to get abit upset if you continue to do this, please kindly bear this in mind for future reference.

Ivan

Yeah, and it wasn't a very good post either.

My termination equipment helpdesk couldn't fix something that really doesn't look like a termination equipment problem. From the very nature of both your posts, I suspect you got the brush off, especially in the light of this.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21621

Also, you bought a piece of kit from misco, I mean come on.

In all fairness to you and their tech support, this got a load of people, you wouldn't belive what Blue fondle, sorry Yonder were telling people. :roll:

Fortunately the government have finally decided to take this problem seriously.

http://www.itsafe.gov.uk

Cheesy
N/A

what on earth are you on about
N/A

Just to add to this. I have one of the above routers for about 6 months now without a problem, and through work i have puchased over 30 for homeworkers and have not had 1 problem once configured properly .

the biggest downside was that they all seemed to ship with old firmware and need ed flashing before use

but this is a router i would highly recommend

Darren
N/A

3com products

Hi,

All I can add to this is to say that I used to use 3com products as a systems administrator a number of years ago and they were always very good,especially the 3com 10/100 switches which are excellent.

Ivan
N/A

well maybe its a compatibility problem between the 3com router and F9 i'm on a dsl connect package. the linksys router i now have works fine
N/A

well maybe its a compatibility problem between the 3com router and F9 i'm on a dsl connect package. the linksys router i now have works fine

I'd be very surprised if any compatibility issue was with force9. By and large they're as generic as you get, some DSL routers have DNS forwarding issues, you can test for this by putting DNS entries into your connection properties.

I still think you got unlucky, and the problem was this http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21621

I saw loads of posts about his on loads of forums, and all about the week you had the problem. These symptoms were reported widely, the problem seems to be regardless of connection method, ISP, or anything else.

Whatever, as long as you're sorted. Cheesy