cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb upgrade: "compatibility issue with your phone line&

N/A

I've seen the answer to this question somewhere on the forum by I can't find it anymore.

My exchange was supposed to be upgraded last month. So I've been checking on Samknows to see the status.

Samknows now says "Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
However, there appears to a compatibility issue with your phone line. This could be caused by an existing broadband connection, ISDN, a DACS unit, TPON, a pending ADSL order or many other common issues."

Also it says that the exchange is 2mb enabled which Im sure it didnt a couple of weeks ago.

However by router still connects at 576 kbps.

Do I need to do anything or just keep waiting??

Thanks
Anthony
4 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

Hi

The results from samknows stating compatibility issues is natural if you have adsl already installed on your line,

Your exchange maybe enabled for 2 mb but that does not mean your line has been upgraded to 2 mb or can accept 2 mb.

Most exchanges in fact I think all are 2 mb enabled now, this just means they can run 2mb lines for customers.

Enter your phone number HERE
then click the link that says

BT has published upgrade information for this exchange
Click here for further details

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Ian
deepfatfrier
Grafter

Yeah, that works...
Unless your exchange was due to start being upgraded in May, and the checker was last updated in April... :lol:
N/A

I used the BT information to find out that work was commencing in May for the DSLAM that I'm on.

Good news is that I've just received an email from f9 to say that between 2005-06-11 - 2005-06-18 they will attempt to upgrade my connection Cheesy

Anthony
deepfatfrier
Grafter

Lucky thing Wink
I'm still waiting, sadly... Evil
*slaps BT*