cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25C By Wednesday

N/A

25C By Wednesday

This must be extremely rare for the UK but Weather Forecasters are predicting that 25C could be reached in Central and Eastern England on Wednesday.

Enjoy, its bound not to last, after all its only April.

On a more serious note, is this because of global warming? Maybe, we seem to be experiencing more unusual weather over the last few years. We must remember though, the long hot summer of 1976, the prolonged cold winters of 1947 and 1963. There have been extremes of weather over the centuries (apparently) but are we experiencing this more oftern? There are certainly arguments for and against these facts.

Melodytune
--
Life Is A Roller Coaster.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 25C By Wednesday

Hi I live in the midlands and I do remember that when I was a kid there was always plenty of deep snow in winter and it was around for days sometimes weeks at a time. Schools were closed and the roads were blocked on a daily basis. It is very rare now that I can take my own kids sledging, we do not get the snow anymore. When did you last see a snowman? Was there any snow last winter? none worth mentioning where I live anyway. I do not put this down to global warming, as you say the weather has been changing for centuries and I see no reason for it not to. If I recall correctly the summer of 76 had a plauge of ladybirds on the east coast, I went to skeggie and the air was thick with them. As for the summers getting warmer and longer, I hope so, some years summer does not seem to happen, blink and you miss them.
Bo)

Marc Bolan and T.rex, how I miss them.
N/A

RE: 25C By Wednesday

I live in the Midlands too, and its been a few years since I remember signifficant snowfall. We had a fair bit of snow in February 1996 and the snow lay on the ground for about 5 days. Since then the winters seem to have been quite mild on the whole, or certainly there hasn't been any significant snowfall for the kids to enjoy sledging for any length of time.

I must admit I love summer and the summer of 95 did me good. I do remember the hose pipe bans and the apparent drought situation some parts of the country were in and the gardens being very dry. The summer of 2001 was probably ideal as there was something for everyone, plenty of warm dry days, but also plenty of rainfall as well. Last summer was nothing to write home aboout really. So we have got off to a good start so far this year (shhhh).

Chris.
--
Life Is A Roller Coaster.