cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£15.99 Monthly

sandyfred
Dabbler

£15.99 Monthly

Hi, Can anyone tell me why I am paying £15.99 per month for my ADSL connection when as far as I can see that it should cost £14.99.

I was paying £14.99 but it was changed some time ago, WHY?.

Here is the date and details when it was changed.:-

MI: Billing for 2005-03-18 to 2005-04-18 for change of account from F9 Connect Standard to Force9 Broadband Home Lite 2Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem)

I also paid the full BT connection fee of £58.75 on the 3/9/05.
I required no modem.

Could I not cancell my present contract and rejoin at £14.99.?
4 REPLIES
N/A

£15.99 Monthly

Did you sign up for a ".co.uk" domain name?
There's an extra 1 pound per month charged for having a domain name.

Click on "Domain names" on the left hand panel under "my account" menu and see if you have one that you've forgotten about... if you've had it for more than 12 months I think you should be able to remove it and go back to 14.99 a month without having to sign up as a new customer.

If you've had it less than 12 months then I think you'll have to continue paying for it until your 12 months is up.
sandyfred
Dabbler

£15.99 Monthly

Thank you so much Glasstower, you have cleared that up for me.
It was probably in the "small print ", which we just don't see. I do have the option of a co.uk domain at the £1 extra, think I'll keep it, one day I may get to creating something along those lines.
Thanks again.
N/A

£15.99 Monthly

alternatively you could register the domain names externally and transfer the hosting of them to your f9 account.

Registering the domain names from someone like www.ukreg.com is £2.99 a year (min 2 yrs) rather than £12 a year from F9.

You then set the dns info within whichever provider you've registered with (ie ukreg) to point to F9, ask F9 to configure their system to host it. And you're off. Control of the domain stays with the 3rd party provider, but hosting is handled by F9.

F9 allow for upto 3 domains to be hosted free of charge on a residential account. So that's £17.94 for 2 years with 3 domains, or £72.00 from F9 (I think, it depends on if they charge £1.00 for each of the extra .co.uk names).

You could have .com, .net, etc instead (although they are £8.99 per year from UKReg) and still host them within F9.

The only restriction I can remember would be .ltd.uk which has to be hosted by a business account, not residential.

There are lots of companies like UKReg, so they might be cheaper still. I like them because of the configuration changes you can make to the domain name without needing to phone anyone or such things.

(I know the orginal posting is quite old now, but I thought the saving was worth mentioning).
sandyfred
Dabbler

£15.99 Monthly

Thank you Queeg500, It's all becoming clearer now, I think.!!!! Wink