cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0x800A01AD message when windows update tries to run

Mol2000
Dabbler

0x800A01AD message when windows update tries to run

I asked for help for this error problem when opening M/soft update page and you kindly gave me this site
http://www.ambercat.com/helpdesk/support/issue3_040.htm

My computer does not appear to have the files or the system 32 regit etc.

Can anyone please help me on what to do next. Novice!!!

Michael
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: 0x800A01AD REPLY

> I asked for help for this error problem when opening M/soft update page and you kindly gave me this site
> http://www.ambercat.com/helpdesk/support/issue3_040.htm
>
> My computer does not appear to have the files or the system 32 regit etc.
>
> Can anyone please help me on what to do next. Novice!!!
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,
A google web search results with the following but its not exactly very easily too understand. But I thought I would show what I found:-

Summary: This error may appear when you log in to the web interface: Microsoft VBScriptruntime (0x800A01AD) ActiveX component can't create object:'Scripting
www.ambercat.com/helpdesk/support/probsandsolutions.htm.

Yes!unfortunately even experienced IT people cannot follow Microsoft speak!!!!? sometimes it a wierd computer language all of its own. Basically the gist of this is as far as I can understand it means that a Microsoft VB script is trying to execute an ActiveX object which is used on a website/web page.

**Please check to ensure that Scritping & ActiveX controls are enabled in your web browser as this could be the problem & would stop these items/files running if your security is locked down. See tools|internet options|security|custom level,check that activeX controls are allowed to run and the same for scripts.

As for regedit 32 windows should have either regedit or regedt32.exe but if your a novice I dont recommend you touch them as you do really need to know how to use these tools,as its extremely easy to screw up your entire system with just a few mouse clicks if your not very careful. Stay away would be my advise.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards Ivan

--