cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing document for feedback

Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Testing document for feedback

EDIT: PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK ON THE WIKI AT <b>http://digicare.plus-payh.co.uk/</b> - this is publicly viewable but not publicly editable. Please see post #2 for more detail, thanks.
Hi all,
We've got a google document set up for feedback on the various things, we'd like to give you all access to it so you can add your feedback (and if you're all on the same sheet then you can see what's done etc and talk about it here too Smiley )
If all the triallists could please PM me with either their google account email address or an email address they'd be happy to use to sign up for one with I'll arrange access to it for everyone (it doesn't have to be a gmail address at all).
We'll then set it to be publicly viewable with only triallists having edit permissions, to save any possible hassle. The link can then be made available here for anyone to have a look.
Thanks very much,
Matt
PS If it's the email address on your account just let me know and I'll grab it from there, cheers.
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Testing document for feedback

Right... there's been some issues with Google Docs so we've created a wiki instead - you can see that at http://digicare.plus-payh.co.uk
I'll be PMing account details round shortly, but you should be able to view it as it stands now - user creation has been disabled though and only logged in users can edit, for security reasons.
Hope that's alright with everyone, but we thought it the best solution - apologies that this wasn't all sorted for you sooner.
Once again, thanks very much for helping with this.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Which bits am I meant to edit - there's discussion, history, edit etc...

Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Front
In order to keep things simple <b>we've given each test user their own page with the list of items we've put together. Please add your findings under the relevant section</b>, if there's something missing then please add the item yourself Smiley
Please also don't edit other user's pages, each page has its own discussion page associated with it (you can see that in the tabs at the top when you're logged in) so feel free to use that if you've questions - or just post/PM via the community forums.
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In retrospect I'm not sure the wiki is arranged in the best way... just wondering, would you guys testing prefer to keep your own pages so you can add things more easily, or would it be better to have a page for each group of testing items so everyone can contribute to the same pages?
Happy to make some changes or add some more pages if people think it would be easier that way? Please let me know, cheers.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

It is fine as it is for me - I can add a result as I try it - including extra applications that aren't on the original list.
Plusnet's analysis may be slightly complicated though.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 43

I suggest keeping the page-per-user arrangement for this trial. Then users needn't be concerned that their editing might affect contributions from others - I'm assuming many of us are new to wiki editing.
The downside of this approach is perhaps that it requires other tester's pages to be visited one by one to check their experiences. Perhaps a consolidation page could be created to collect together experience, particularly for activities that don't work so well or at all; maybe this page could cross-reference user pages - and/or a forum topic - expanding on the problems?
David
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

How about a "Problem Page"  Grin

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 43

Yes, a separate summary page for things that work and those that don't would help to highlight problems. Smiley
Delegating detailed problem discussion to a dedicated forum topic might be best though to avoid the wiki page becoming excessively long.
David
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cheers guys, the summary page is up and nearly done (just a couple more to go, I'll try and stay on top of it) - FWIW I think it'd be wise to keep problems in this forum because it's a lot easier that way for people to discuss them (and for us to keep an eye on how things are going).
Cheers.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

I see you have bit torrent as both working and not working.
Functionally, it's barely working - and only from a central tracker.
All the various distributed functions (to eliminate a central point of failure) are not working.
This also causes reduced speeds (possibly zero).

If not fixable, I would have to decline a CGNAT connection.

Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi vilefoxdemonofdoom,
Yes - this is because different people have reported it both as working and not working Smiley
Your opinions of bittorrent on a CG-NAT connection have been noted as they've been stated several times now - hope you noticed I included your notes and reasons why in full on the 'not working' section, because we need to take them into account. Feel free to add more to the wiki if you wish, the more information we get the better.
Worth bearing in mind that this is a trial, which we're doing to see how viable it would be to use CG NAT and whether it would cause issues and with what. We fully recognise that it won't be suitable for all users, and that if we force it on people who want to use advanced functions that don't work on CG NAT we will lose them as customers. This is not something we want to happen Smiley
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Matt
Worth bearing in mind that this is a trial, which we're doing to see how viable it would be to use CG NAT and whether it would cause issues and with what. We fully recognise that it won't be suitable for all users, and that if we force it on people who want to use advanced functions that don't work on CG NAT we will lose them as customers. This is not something we want to happen Smiley

That's good to hear.