Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We do not deal in fault cases. Please contact the relevant team."

carl0s
Rising Star

"We do not deal in fault cases. Please contact the relevant team."

ticket/question id 224418056

Phone & fibre was (supposed to have been) installed 7 months ago. I was told the job was done and the service was live on 18th October 2021, and we've been paying for it since then. Not that the money really matters.

The takeover (purchase) of this business was pushed back until now. I visited the premises last week to locate and test the phone line that was installed back in October, and discovered no dial tone on the new master socket. I found the DP box and saw a note tied to the pair from the openreach engineer (see attached photo). This is the second time I have come across a not-completed line install with a "dis xx meters from dp/cab" or similar tag left on the pair, but "job completed" reported back by o/r and everyone thinking everything is working and service up and running, until I visit the place.

On this occasion I have visited 2 weeks prior to needing the service, and was hopeful we could get this fixed. I reported the fault on Friday afternoon.

Had an Openreach engineer there yesterday who by the sounds of it couldn't figure out where the disconnect was. I'm sure there's some reason why the first install didn't go ahead, so something isn't straightforward about it, but nevertheless I should have had an update at end of play yesterday and didn't. So I called Plusnet business support today at 1pm, call initially answered by home/residential support of course due to broken phone system at Plusnet.

Support agent said there was no useful update in the system, and was escalating for some kind of response from Openreach, and I should hear something by the end of today, or first thing tomorrow at the very latest.

I logged in to look for ticket updates myself an hour or two ago (just after 8pm, when the Plusnet 24/7 business phone support says that support is closed), and I see this follow-up to the ticket:

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations
3:56pm, Wednesday 18 May 2022
Dear Mr Customer,

We do not deal in fault cases. Please contact the relevant team.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

And that is the last response on the ticket.
So this tells me that another day is going to be lost/wasted and I am no closer to a resolution and will continue to lose sleep wondering if my customer will be able to run the business when it opens up under new management next Thursday.

Moderators Note CSA name removed as per Forum rules

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: "We do not deal in fault cases. Please contact the relevant team."

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry and very disappointed to read about the installation problems you've been having with us, that's really poor. The same sentiments definitely apply to how we handled that support ticket for you, I'll be passing on some feedback about that as it makes no sense and just delayed you getting an update when it was needed.

I've just chased this up with Openreach and they've advised me that an engineer is due to be assigned to work on the fault tomorrow, as they've noted "no appointment required" I'm concerned that they won't be able to resolve this without access due to what you've mentioned. Is there anyone on site tomorrow at all or would we need to arrange an appointment in advance with you? 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
carl0s
Rising Star

Hi Adam, thanks for looking into this.
There are people at the store all day every day so that is ok. I have been told by somebody from my customer's head office that Openreach attended today but this might or might not be correct.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've checked and can see an engineer has been out today, we're just waiting for their notes to come back in so we'll follow things up after that's come through.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team