cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there no longer a business sales telephone number?

carl0s
Rising Star

Re: is there no longer a business sales telephone number?

Thanks for that Townman.

I went there yesterday, bit of a drive, and the 'phone socket' that the fitout guy told me about was a DP box with no cover flapping around in the breeze next to the water stop tap 🙂

Upstairs there was a Panasonic PBX on the wall with another BT-style DP box and two very-old phone sockets with "BT Cabling Systems" (T with three dots 1980s BT logo) logos on them, and no dial-tones. I suppose those sockets would have been PBX extensions rather than lines. Regardless, all of the upstairs is being ripped out anyway. only discernible number written on box was 6270168 in very faded pencil. other one was impossible to read but could have said 6276407, or perhaps 6236407. All would be 0161 nowadays of course but might have been 061 back when in use.

So I need to go the new-line route either way, and if an Openreach engineer is turning up to do a new line, as long as they go to the right property (the one with scaffolding around it), then things should work out OK. I suppose I just can't choose the Topman option from the list can I ? and will have to go with '3 Town square' and hope the engineer rings me on route like they sometimes do, or reads the order notes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

I can't find either of those landline numbers at either of the addresses we've got in the supplier database.

I agree, I'd recommend placing a new line installation at one of the addresses you're able to sign up at.

In theory, when the order's placed before it goes to an engineer, it'll be run past our suppliers address matching system to make sure they're sending out an engineer to an address that's registered on PAF. 

If you can let me know though once you've signed up, I can keep an eye on this for you and make sure we're sending the router to the right address too as I imagine the slightly wrong address may confuse the postie. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carl0s
Rising Star

Thanks Gandalf.

We don't use a Plusnet router so it's OK.

New line should be going in tomorrow, fingers crossed 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, sounds good. Let me know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carl0s
Rising Star

I've just tried to call support about another issue on one of our accounts, and I'm being told that customer support is closed.

I thought Plusnet were aware of these 'phone system problems' and were going to sort them? It was reported on ISPReview about 2 weeks ago, and has been going on for longer than that.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/05/isp-plusnets-missing-24-7-uk-support-for-business-cust...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Having spoken with the people involved in the problem, we are genuinely actively investigating to fix. Appreciate though it’s take a lot longer than we’d like. 

If your call will wait until tomorrow, feel free to drop me a private message with the details and I’ll help. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet