Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faster upload / synchronous option??

stevyd10
Dabbler

faster upload / synchronous option??

Hey,
I was wondering if plusnet offered a faster upload option. At the moment we have 448kb upload which is not enough anymore! So can I get a better speed.
OR
Do plusnet offer synchronous lines? like 8mb up and 8mb down? and if so how much would one of these cost per month?
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
itsme
Grafter

Re: faster upload / synchronous option??

Are you on a business package? These come with an upstream speed  of up to 823k or you could go with SDSL which is up to 2Mbps for upstream and downstream
stevyd10
Dabbler

Yer I have business package but I believe my max upload is 448k. My package is no longer available as its was a force9 one.
The SDSL you mentioned looks better but only 2mb down. We would lose our 8mb down! and that would presumably make our downloads much slower.
itsme
Grafter

First I would check with PN if you upstream speed is limited by the package you are on or by line conditions. Another option is to get another broadband line and with the use of a router like this you can combine them.
stevyd10
Dabbler

unfortunately sdsl won't work in our area Sad
but i suppose combining connection might work. I'll look into it. Thanks for your help
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

There's definitely a faster upload option, somewhere around 800k I think.
I had it briefly earlier this year but decided it wasn't worth the extra £5 or so per month on a "domestic" service.
Can't remember what PN call it, hopefully someone from PN will confirm availability and pricing for business users.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think that package is available for any BBYW as an extra, came up about 2 months ago
zubel
Community Veteran

It's called a Max Premium upgrade and can be applied to home products for around £8 per month - I believe it was to be billed quarterly in advance by a manual process.  I suspect there is a ticket journey to request it somewhere but one of the comms guys should see this post tomorrow and could advise specifically.
For business lines you can upgrade to the £34.99/month product as seen here - this has the Business version of Max Premium built in.
B.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Stevyd.
I'll PM you with some info / options later today.