cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dslam issue?

futurenet
Dabbler

Re: dslam issue?

@MisterW there's a bug in the business account member area with the configure static ip option too, says not available on my account and account needs upgrading. but business accounts get them free so that must be a bug.

i also would like the reverse dns to be my company name not dyn.plus.net, once i know static ip address i can setup up the forward.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @futurenet, thanks for getting back to me and I'm glad to hear the upload change has gone through fine. I've placed a further modify order to get you provisioned on 80/20 and this again should complete over night for us. As both your download and upload speed look to be just under the current 40/10 however I'm not sure we'll see any change moving forwards. I've also added a static IP to your account and if you turn the router off and back on your side this should show your side too.
I hope this helps and if there's anything further we can assist you with please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@futurenet the fact that the rDNS is showing a dyn.plus.net means that you haven't got a static IP. By default, the rDNS for a static IP will be <accountname>.plus.com. On a business account you can request it be set to a domain name or anonomised to <ip_address>.plus.com.

Sounds like the Business account member centre is no different to the residential one!

edit: looks like Ben was too quick for my reply😀

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

futurenet
Dabbler

@MisterW i think the member centres are identical, i see no difference between our home and business account, same bugs ;).

@BD thanks for your help, who do i contact to change the reverse dns to use my domain.

I have replied to question in my member account you sent me

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @futurenet, thanks for getting back to me. I've replied to the ticket on your account regarding setting up reverseDNS and the ticket can be seen here.

futurenet
Dabbler

@BD replied back, thanks again for your help

futurenet
Dabbler

the profile didnt get update @BD 

still not provisioned correctly , business should be 80/20

Receive direction Send direction
Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 40000 10000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128  
Attainable throughput kbit/s 43484 6209
Current throughput kbit/s 39232 6209
Min. effective data rate kbit/s 29747  
Seamless rate adaptation   off off
futurenet
Dabbler

all good, looks like it updated this morning some time. held back by line length (which is annoying as theres a box right near us (30m away) too, but were conected to the one 950m away.

getting a whole extra 3-4 mbit on 80 profile lol Smiley

Negotiated Connection Properties

Receive direction Send direction
Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 80000 20000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128  
Attainable throughput kbit/s 44533 6313
Current throughput kbit/s 43168 6312
Min. effective data rate kbit/s 39600  
Seamless rate adaptation   off off

Latency   fast fast
Impulse Noise Protection (INP)   44 0
G.INP   on off

Signal-to-noise ratio dB 8 6
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @futurenet. I've looked into this for you and have updated the ticket on your account I'm personally monitoring for you with my findings and what should happen from here in regards to your speeds.The ticket I'm monitoring on your account can be seen here.

futurenet
Dabbler

i think speed is probably max because of line length to be honest, been trying to get openreach to connect the remaining 20 or so properties they left out to the newer closer cabinet is proving to be a pain, as our speeds would max then.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It very well could be the case however as I can currently see there's a banding showing on your connection when testing I've still requested this be removed which hopefully we should see over the coming days. Not only that but it seems very coincidental for your speeds to top out at a perfect 40Mbps so I suspect the banding being removed may see this creep up slightly further As mentioned, I'll be monitoring this further for you and be back in otuch once I can see the banding is removed.