cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dslam issue?

futurenet
Dabbler

dslam issue?

hi, i just got business broadband installed on monday, we also have normal plusnet for non work.

My normal syncs at 39mbit down , 9mbit up

my business line syncs at 38mbit down 2mbit up

i would like more upload speed, i have a fritzbox and its telling me attainable throughput is higer, but max dslam can do is lower?

heres the dsl stats

Negotiated Connection Properties

Receive direction Send direction

Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 40000 2000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128  
Attainable throughput kbit/s 39763 6330
Current throughput kbit/s 38111 2001
Min. effective data rate kbit/s 34788  
Seamless rate adaptation   off off

Latency   fast fast
Impulse Noise Protection (INP)   42 0
G.INP   on off

Signal-to-noise ratio dB 7 16
Bitswap   on on
Line attenuation dB 24 45
approximate line length m 775  

Profile 17a    
G.Vector   full full

Carrier record   J43 J43

Also im wondering, i know line length is 775m approx, but business broadband is extra speed, wandering if my profile was set higher would i get a speed over 40 down?.

25 REPLIES 25
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: dslam issue?

@futurenet 

that

Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 40000 2000

Looks suspiciously like you've been provisioned incorrectly on a 40/2 product.

As to getting >40Mb, it would seem unlikely

Attainable throughput kbit/s 39763 6330

and you're synching at 38111 with only a 7db margin.

You MIGHT get a little more when the provisioning error is fixed but don't get excited

Try calling support or raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Business.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
futurenet
Dabbler

ive reported it via faults.plus.net as lately support don't seem to answer phones....

its strange my other line syncs at 39/9 but this one saying 39/6 as max attainable? all wiring is new and engineer said its a very clear line.

Advance Test
Download Test
Download speed achieved during the test was 32.68 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20 - 36.85 Mbps

I suspect your right about wrong ip profile, tjis is a extended test on bt wholwsale speed test;

IP Profile for your line is 36.85 Mbps
32.68 Mbps

36.85 Mbps
Upload Test
Upload speed achieved during the test was 0.96 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 2 Mbps
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Its strange my other line syncs at 39/9 but this one saying 39/6 as max attainable?

Are they the same make/model of modem/router ?

I'm pretty sure that the Max attainable is what the router 'thinks' is the attainable speed at 6db noise margin.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@futurenet  It's not the IP profile that is wrong, on upload the IP profile is set at the maximum supported sync speed in this case 2 Mbps because Plusnet have incorrectly ordered a service with 2Mbps upload speed. It should be 10Mbps. They need to place another order to change it. There seem to have been several cases of this showing up recently, probably new recruits not familiar with the ordering system.🤔

futurenet
Dabbler

the router on personal line is a openwrt flashed plusnet hub one ,the business line has a fritzbox 7530.

heres line stats from the openwrt router ;

DSL Status
Line State:UP [0x0]
Line Mode:G.993.2 (VDSL2)
Line Uptime:12h 42m 38s
Annex:B
Profile:17a
Data Rate:39.284 Mb/s / 9.112 Mb/s
Max. Attainable Data Rate (ATTNDR):39.027 Mb/s / 9.112 Mb/s
Latency:0.36 ms / 0.0 ms
Line Attenuation (LATN):23.7 dB / 45.7 dB
Signal Attenuation (SATN):21.3 dB / 26.6 dB
Noise Margin (SNR):5.7 dB / 5.9 dB
Aggregate Transmit Power (ACTATP):0.7 dB / 11.5 dB

also seems the new staff don't know how to answer phones and also update questions with , you now cannot get support through the portal, you need to call us... Sad

Would really like this profile changed quick.

futurenet
Dabbler

Just to clarify the above stats from openwrt router are taken from our personal line, not our business line , those are in OP

futurenet
Dabbler

any plusnet staff able to rectify this?

business is meant to be equivalent to fibre extra in speed so surely my profile should actually be 80/20 although i wont get those speeds surely it should stlll be set as that for business lines as stated extra speed on signup.

2021-02-11.png

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @futurenet, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues currently. I can confirm when looking into this it indeed looks like you've been provisioned incorrectly on the wrong upload speed as @MisterW suggested. In which case, I've placed the modify order to correct this speed for you and the modify order should complete over night for us. Let us know how it's looking come this time tomorrow. I can confirm if you were to upgrade to Fibre Extra the download speed wouldn't increase further as the download speeds currently getting to the router are 38.9Mbps and not achieving the provisioned 40Mbps maximum which tells us the line is achieving it's highest capable speed currently.

I can confirm when checking your download speeds you look to be provisioned on 40Mbps on our suppliers side but as you're currently only reaching top speeds of 38.9Mbps download we wouldn't looks to increase this as you'd gain no additional speed in doing so.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@BD  But Business fibre is sold as an 80/20 service so that is what Plusnet should supply, the fact that the line will not get the full speed is irrelevant. You are mis-selling the product.☹️

futurenet
Dabbler

@BD iI agree here with @RealAleMadrid , it is sold as 80/20 and surely even though currently I’m probably not going to get that speed although max attainable speed says 42/11 on router today, surely putting it on 80/20 as sold will give me those 42/11 speeds and won’t have a adverse effect. So please set it to 80/20 as it should be.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Thanks for getting back to me. Shortly after my reply earlier today a colleague got in touch with my advising that all business accounts are provisioned on 80/20 and given our limited interaction with provisioning broadband for business accounts this was news to me sorry. I'll be happy to keep an eye on your account until the current modify order completes tonight and I'll look to place a further modify order tomorrow to make sure both download and upload are provisioned correctly for you.. I'll be back in touch once I've put this second change through tomorrow for you. 

futurenet
Dabbler

@BD the upgrade went through and hitting 40/10, ok to do the 80/20 upgrade today?.

also arent we meant to have static ips on business, my ip changed and seems i have no access to configure static ip in the member area.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'm not sure they're static by default but you can request one for free. As to the member centre, not sure about business accounts, but there's a bug at the moment on residential accounts regarding configuring static IP's. Certainly , I've had a static for some while now, but my member centre says it's not available!