cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection today

art15t
Grafter

Re: connection today

Recorded ....that's why I had to make several calls to get through to an actual support person
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

The point I'm making on this is whilst PN may not have done anything wrong and I didn't do anything wrong, the process of migrating to PN fell over and the customer is left to pick up the pieces. This IMO needs addressing by yourselves and the industry as you have the ability to initiate the process which sends the engineer to the customers local telephone exchange to effect the switchover but then if something goes wrong there's nothing in place but pain for us. This isn't good!
I totally agree, but until someone (OFCOM?) manages to get BT OR to accept some form of procedure for this then there's very little any CP can do about it other than use the procedure which does exist, which is to treat it as a phone fault rather than a botched migration. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

art15t
Grafter

Quote from: Apprentice
Quote from: art15t
Hi Adam
Thanks but things have gone pear shaped as I just checked and our phone line is now dead ...no tone. I've tried calling our land line from my mobile and it rings my end but no ring from the internal phone. Tried calling BT and the message we're getting is we're no longer a BT customer.....dohhh this is BAD!
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

Was the message you got with regard to no longer being a BT customer a recorded message or was it after speaking to someone at BT's CS ?

....and do tell me that's not the Alistair I also know from the highlands?
picbits
Rising Star

Make sure (if you haven't already) that you read the last post sent to you on the BE Forum about cancelling your Direct Debit - it may be of importance if you've missed it.
https://avatar.bethere.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46395&highlight=
ScottJames
Grafter

Hey art15t
I actually signed up to move my line rental away from Sky as well when I signed up for Fibre. So I believe that when I didn't have a dial tone the engineer was doing some work on the line. I can see what people are saying here about plusnet not being able to help with the phone line, because your line rental is with BT. I believe that it would have been an BT Openreach engineer that conducted the work, but is there no way that plusnet can raise this as a fault, because theoretically art15t's broadband line isn't working?
picbits
Rising Star

The line is required to be working before PN can provide broadband on it.
In the case of a faulty line leading to no broadband, the line has to be fixed first before the broadband fault can be investigated. This has to be organised by the customer with whoever is providing them the line.
tonyw
Dabbler

Quote from: art15t
We've haven't had a line problem in 10 years or more....so it's just coincidental that my line has gone dead at the same time the engineer activated our PN BB service.

I don't believe it's unusual or coincidental.
It happened to me when I migrated from o2 to Plusnet. BT line went dead on migration day. Plusnet couldn't help -  BT said there was a 'fault' at my exchange. Phone line stayed dead for 2 days after which the line and migration went live almost simultaneously and, of course, completely coincidentally. Undecided
ScottJames
Grafter

Well that does make sense picbits. So would this have been an engineer that has caused the issue at the exchange?
picbits
Rising Star

If they have physically been in and changed the pairs over from BE's equipment to BT's without double checking it was all working then yes - it could well be the fault of the BT engineer.
It could even be a system glitch where BT have deactivated the line on their system but that's anyones guess.
art15t
Grafter

I'm resigned to the wait now....nowt I can do but moan and grumble.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Per BT plc www:
Grin
At BT our focus is on excellent customer service.
We always aim to be within easy reach and we want to make sure you get the answers you want quickly and easily.
Did I larf.
picbits
Rising Star

As long as you moan and grumble politely we'll always lend a sympathetic ear.
As a fellow BE -> PN migrator just before they sold out (I had a bad feeling so jumped ship early) I was expecting the kind of problems you are having but mine went surprisingly well - maybe because I had a BTOR third party contractor who made the extra effort to make sure everything was ok.
I've had very few problems with PN in the last year so fingers crossed once you're up and running you won't have to grumble again  Grin
sully666
Grafter

I am also a migrant from BE, but have had almost constant issues with my ADSL since 18th October.
Hopefully second engineer will be capable of going up the nearby pole if necessary, unlike the last chap, when he arrives between 8-1 later today.  Only up typing this because some lowlife POS has just completely smashed the wing mirror off my car and several others on the street  Angry
art15t
Grafter

Quote from: picbits
As long as you moan and grumble politely we'll always lend a sympathetic ear.
As a fellow BE -> PN migrator just before they sold out (I had a bad feeling so jumped ship early) I was expecting the kind of problems you are having but mine went surprisingly well - maybe because I had a BTOR third party contractor who made the extra effort to make sure everything was ok.
I've had very few problems with PN in the last year so fingers crossed once you're up and running you won't have to grumble again  Grin

Cheers picbits I'll try my best to stay cool but as my 15yo can't get his fix of Xbox or PS4 etc I'm not flavour of the week right now  Embarrassed and the wife works from home so she's having to use her companies kit which is tied down on internet access. The Draytek I have has USB 3G as backup but I haven't set that up yet ...you can be sure it'll be sorted when I get home this weekend!
Looking up on LLU I guess I'm on Shared Unbundling as BE provided the BB and BT the telephony so in my mind the engineer has possibly changed me to Full Unbundling and connected me over to PN but I'm then not provisioned by them for voice so I get no tone ....AND no BB either. That would be sounded out by the recorded message we got saying we're not recognised as a BT customer when the automated line check takes place. I'm pretty certain this is down to some numpty OR engineer who couldn't be arsed to make a few extra checks or just didn't read his instructions correctly. There's going to be a complaint into BT and I won't let it drop till that numpty gets his backside kicked. It looks to be a very common problem and needs addressing ....why can't the ISP get a report of the work undertaken and some contact details if things go wrong? It just doesn't make sense to leave the customer in limbo, calling round, time wasted, check this, check that, etc, etc. IMO the ISP Provisioner should be able to take ownership and effect a resolution on behalf of the customer!
Won't go back to BESkyB as I hate the greedy bar-steward Murdoch. Laters!
art15t
Grafter

makes for some interesting reading:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/publications/broadband/dsl_facts/LLUbackground.htm
...and a dispute handled by the Director General of Telecommunications regarding compensation to the "incumbents" as a result of end user losses when BT failed it's so called SLA's
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/publications/broadband/llu/sla1101.htm
No doubt that'll be countered in my BT T&C's