Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection today

art15t
Grafter

connection today

Hi,
I'm without BB as Bethere switched me off yesterday and I'm waiting for PN/BT to activate my line ....I raised a ticket yesterday but no response yet so if one of you PN folks have the time to check the status of my order I'd be much obliged Smiley
Regards ART
50 REPLIES 50
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: connection today

Hi there,
The order to transfer your broadband has completed so I've activated your account. Apologies that this didn't happen automatically as intended.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
art15t
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks but things have gone pear shaped as I just checked and our phone line is now dead ...no tone. I've tried calling our land line from my mobile and it rings my end but no ring from the internal phone. Tried calling BT and the message we're getting is we're no longer a BT customer.....dohhh this is BAD!
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, that's something you'd need to report to your phone provider, I can see your phone service isn't with us at present though. Have you made any requests to transfer that to another provider? I also can't see any requests on your account to move it over to us by the way.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
art15t
Grafter

Hi Adam
This appears to be down to your activation of my BB service ...we took out BB only not the phone service and haven't switched to any other phone provider. Please liase with BT on this matter as I don't see why we should be chasing something that you appear to have caused
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Who is your phone provider?
Plusnet will have migrated your broadband but done nothing with your phone service.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
art15t
Grafter

BT
Strat
Community Veteran

Then as their customer you will need to speak to them yourself.
Plusnet cannot intervene.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
art15t
Grafter

Angry  Angry  Angry perhaps I'm missing something here as I place an order with you for BB only and you (or your provider) then perform some process that removes my old BB tag at my local exchange and replaces it with yours. I should now be routed onto the PN network  ....NOT have my phone line disconnected in the process. I'm calling your support line to complain in the strongest terms ....this is not a good start to our relations!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
The order for your broadband placed by ourselves has completed successfully. Whilst it's honestly unlikely that the actions to complete this order could have caused the line issue it is a possibility, however as the line is with BT it's not something we can help you with.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
art15t
Grafter

We've haven't had a line problem in 10 years or more....so it's just coincidental that my line has gone dead at the same time the engineer activated our PN BB service. I work away from home (I'm an IT contractor) so the other day I prepared a router config for my son to load and last night he loaded that up on the router ready for today's activation. Whilst I was talking him through that process on the phone (which was working last night) I'm now told we've probably developed a line fault our end. .....  Roll_eyes
C'mon guys really the least I'd expect is for you to make a few calls and see if you couldn't get the engineer back to our exchange and "check over" his actions. If that facility or process doesn't exist right now you really need to look into implementing it! Call it customer service or something along those lines!
Strat
Community Veteran

As it's a BT line not a Plusnet line Plusnet cannot do anything. They are two different companies.
Only the bill payer can do that. Have you spoken to BT?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

so it's just coincidental that my line has gone dead at the same time the engineer activated our PN BB service
If you were on an LLU connection with BE then probably not. Moving to a BTWholesale connection from LLU will have involved some rejumpering in the exchange and it's possible for something of course to go wrong during that changeover. Having said that one would expect the Openreach(OR) engineer doing the work to check the line afterwards. If however you were alreday on a BTw connection then no physical work would have been necessary and then it really is coincidence!.
Unfortunately, as others have said, there is no way for PN to talk to OR about your phone, that's the way OFCOM have insisted the system works. Only the phone provider can talk to OR about phone problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

art15t
Grafter

Oh yes I've just spent 1hr 10mins on various calls and now have an engineer visit arranged for Friday the 10th (nice few days without phone or BB) BUT I've suggested they start their investigations and tests at the exchange first as I believe they may be able to fix this without visiting my premises. No doubt the staff at BESkyB (previous BB supplier) will BE having a good laugh at this one should they happen to trawl across it.
The point I'm making on this is whilst PN may not have done anything wrong and I didn't do anything wrong, the process of migrating to PN fell over and the customer is left to pick up the pieces. This IMO needs addressing by yourselves and the industry as you have the ability to initiate the process which sends the engineer to the customers local telephone exchange to effect the switchover but then if something goes wrong there's nothing in place but pain for us. This isn't good!
....and YES you appear to have hit the nail on the head as my previous connection was LLU so I'm de-LLU'd now and have no dial tone or BB ...happy days!
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: art15t
Hi Adam
Thanks but things have gone pear shaped as I just checked and our phone line is now dead ...no tone. I've tried calling our land line from my mobile and it rings my end but no ring from the internal phone. Tried calling BT and the message we're getting is we're no longer a BT customer.....dohhh this is BAD!
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

Was the message you got with regard to no longer being a BT customer a recorded message or was it after speaking to someone at BT's CS ?