cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional voice line

behaviourneeds
Grafter

additional voice line

I have posted this question to the support team but with a response time of 54 hours I thought I would ask it here as well!

We would like to take another business telephone line only (no broadband) this would be supplied to the same address etc as the main account.
3 questions for you.
1. is this possible
2. can we pay the line rental up front (line rental saver?)
3. can we add inclusive calling packages onto this service?
If its possible I will call in on Monday, I don't want to wait in line (even the shorter business line) if I can't do what I want.
Thanks very much
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: additional voice line

Hi Chris,
It's not something we can at the moment I'm afraid. We can't do this due to the way our internal systems work I'm afraid. We're looking at ways in which we can bring this in, in future though.
The response times to tickets are much shorter than those on our Residential side (The Residential and Business sides have their own teams).
I'm sorry that we're unable to provide you with Phone only at this time.
dragon2611
Grafter

If your connection is resonably quick and you're not saturating the upload then a Voip service might be an option.
If you are heavily using the upload you might need a router that supports QOS to make sure the uploading doesn't affect the voice quality.
behaviourneeds
Grafter

Quote from: dragon2611
If your connection is resonably quick and you're not saturating the upload then a Voip service might be an option.

That's exactly what I did!  Got a Linksys pap2 and connected it to the second line on the pabx and all's well - the boss is happy and that means I don't get it in the neck for the next few days.
Cheers