cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Address on Database means no Business line for 2 weeks

TheOptician

Wrong Address on Database means no Business line for 2 weeks

Hi there. Has anybody got any ideas to solve this problem?
We have taken on the lease on a property and ordered a business phone line which was to be installed the week before the business opened. However, when the engineer turned up, it transpires that the address on the database is wrong and the line cannot be connected. We are told that the whole process now needs to start afresh.
So, we are now in the position of opening our business with a shop full of stock, no alarm, no credit card machine, and no phone (I won't tell you where it is!).  Looking on the BT forum, I was surprised to find a customer with a similar problem where the engineer was able to sort out the problem there and then (albeit with a 3 hour job).
Is it just the luck of the draw which engineer you get or is there a way we can get what appears to be a straightforward wiring issue sorted quickly?  Nobody at Plusnet seems interested in moving away from the script.  It is already costing us a large amount of lost income and for a new business this is pretty hard to stand for long.
Please help. Please.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Wrong Address on Database means no Business line for 2 weeks

Hi TheOptician,
I am really sorry to hear of your issue and appreciate where you are coming from.
We are doing absolutely everything we can to get everything pushed through as quickly as possible for you. You may have been told the same a few times on the phone, and that's because we really are doing all we can to get everything up and running for you.
Please bear with us.
TheOptician

Although that sounds fine in theory, it is hard then to understand why Plusnet have sent me an email this afternoon to tell me that my order for a Business Phone has been cancelled. This really does add insult to injury.  I have absolutely no idea where I stand. Is there something (anything) being done to help me? I note that the incorrect address is still on my account details.
Do I give up and go elsewhere? (with the thought of trying to extract my initial payment back from Plusnet)
Do I persevere in the hope that something is being done?
Do I reapply for another phone line?
I am utterly lost for words
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: TheOptician
I note that the incorrect address is still on my account details.

If you are talking about your Plusnet account details, why can't you correct it yourself? https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I just tried to modify my address and it won't let me.
Contact number, yes...address, no. Undecided
You have to contact CSA.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine