cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my business line cease to operate?

mash5343

Re: When will my business line cease to operate?

Another letter received a week ago:

We wrote to you previously to advise you of the decision to close Plusnet Business and
its broadband, phone and email services.

As you are still yet to migrate your service away from Plusnet, we are now asking you to do so without delay.

We understand that your service may still be in contract, so we will waive any early termination fees associated with cancelling or moving your service away from Plusnet.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Received the same. An end date has not been announced but call desk staff are speculating!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sr01
Hooked

I was told yesterday (BT Sales contacted me) that the business service finally ceases in March.

Plusnet need to simply confirm an end date.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Or BT Business need to butt out with their scaremongering tactics? Plusnet Business services do not close until PLUSNET announces that they are ceasing.

There is a contractual agreement between Plusnet and their business users - termination of such is a matter between those parties, not BT Business who have no concern other that grabbing business.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

carl0s
Rising Star

Yes you're quite right, they don't know anything and there is no actual cease date yet.

I had one sales person pushing me to move one of my last accounts to BT. but as it happens it's a residential address, and it's paying out of contract (£59) for FTTC!

So I was grateful for the call and said I'd just move it to full-fibre with residential. He was not happy :shrug:

He did tell me they have been told to up the ante because they still have 12,000 people not moved away, so they are attacking that list.

His manager told him they were stopping everything at the end of the month. Yeah right. I don't think so.

I have a couple of other coffee shops who are in Fibre Priority areas, where it is not possible to move the existing FTTC to another provider (including BT or EE!), and so I have placed FTTP orders with my new supplier. These orders have been dragging on for 2 months now, one waiting for a wayleave grant from a neighbouring property, and not getting anywhere, and the other waiting for the council to allow roadworks to clear a duct blockage.

Given that Openreach will not allow copper orders or migrations at these premises, there is no way of moving from plusnet at all. So they must keep this in mind when trying to get rid of customers.

I am finding that if you explain to the BT sales people that you have move aways in progress but they are delayed with Openreach, they are fine with that and suddenly stop trying to scare you about being cut off.

mash5343

I'll switch when my Gigaclear installation completes, they'll have to kick me off before then as I'm not going to start another contract with anyone else before that.