cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's BT (your supplier's) turn around on faults for business users?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

What's BT (your supplier's) turn around on faults for business users?

Please see ticket 182226643 - very slow speed.

The ticket reports that BTw claim no fault in their network, so (as best as I can tell) this issue was "raised" to BT Openreach at 23:45 on Sunday evening.  I thought business services were serviced at care level 2 and therefore had somewhat expected that there would have been a response before now.

Is this a reasonable expectation … or is the fault still with BTw with whom there is no SLA?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: What's BT (your supplier's) turn around on faults for business users?

Business has priority timescales on phone faults, but broadband timescales are similar to residential. I have spoken with Openreach for you today and updated your ticket for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=182226643

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thank you @deank - I suspected that - just wish the agent dealing with the ticket had been as clear in the first place, specifically that the referral to BT (Openreach) was for a local DLM reset..

Could this have been addressed by a remote VDSL reset?

Is there anything in the line's history which might indicate why the line has been so drastically banded please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Townman, while we would like to do that as a first point of call, it doesn't look it would fit the criteria for us to request a remote DLM reset. 

Looking at the connection history, although the connection stability improved around the 14/08, the MTBE is fluctuating a lot still. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Good morning,

BTOR engineer attended (tried to access the property) not sure of his purpose in being there … he PHONED UP for a line reset and reported 50+mbps synch at the cabinet.

Speed test was still 4mbps … given that this is a fixed IP line, I'm guessing that PlusNet's IP profile has yet t catch up.  Can you please poke it?

Thanks.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Good afternoon @Townman

I have updated the connection profile to match the sync rate of the service, please turn the router off then back on so it takes effect. The fault ticket has also been updated and it can be accessed here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional