cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I paying for? Not impressed.

andywright
Dabbler

What am I paying for? Not impressed.

I've been on 'PlusNet Business Premier up to 8Mb" for many years now, paying £35 a month (£42 inc VAT).
Apart from the static IP, I fail to see what I'm getting over and above a domestic account.
Also, looking at the website this evening I see that "Unlimited Business Broadband" now starts at £20 a month (£24 inc vat) - far less than I'm currently paying.
I understood that having a Business account gave some sort of guarantee of faster response to, and resolution of faults. This is clearly not the case - I've had support tickets open since last Thursday regarding massive amounts of packet loss on my exchange (it's also affecting a neighbour on the same exchange) and have got absolutely nowhere. During the afternoon and evenings I'm having to route voip calls over a 3G router to get an acceptable connection quality.
So, it seems I'm paying well over the odds for a service on par with the cheapest of the cheap.
What do I get for paying for a PlusNet Business account?
3 REPLIES 3
andywright
Dabbler

Re: What am I paying for? Not impressed.

Just to add insult to injury - I'm paying £42 a month; the "new" Unlimited Business Tariff including Enhanced Care works out at £28.50 (£34.20 inc)
I've been paying well over that figure of £34.20 for ages - I expect this fault to be treated as an Enhanced Care fault. I do not want someone from PlusNet telling me I should have changed package - I'm paying you over the odds already.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Did you call the Business Support Number? 0800 028 0282 or 0300 123 6123
You tend to get a faster reaction on that. I also had someone from Plusnet call me and set me up on the lower rate - it worth you asking to be migrated to the new rate.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good morning andywright,
I'm really sorry for the delay in response to your Fault Ticket that you've got logged with us. I'm getting this picked up now by our Business Team. With regards to the package you are on, we've been sending out our new offers to customers who are opted in to marketing notification from ourselves, it appears you have opted out of these.
You can make changes to the Broadband Product you are on via the Member Centre at http://portal.plus.net and selecting 'Product Change'. You are absolutely free to move over and onto one of our newer products via this method, or if you prefer you can speak to one of the team on 0800 028 0282 or 0300 123 6123.
If there is anything further we can do to help, please do let us know.