cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam on the Business package

blackrat999
Grafter

Webcam on the Business package

I am setting up a webcam at a local golf club which i expect to be fairly popular, especially to start with. I just wanted to know if there are any limitations to the full £34.99 business package or will that happily serve the webcam and the rest of the clubs otherwise light usage?
the website wont be hosted on the Plusnet service it is just the bandwidth that i want to make sure isnt going to be a problem.
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Webcam on the Business package

Depending on how often the webcam is refreshing the image, it should be relatively low in bandwidth consumption.
http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/cal_webcam_test1-5.asp
Just found that on Google - Looks like 64Kbps.
blackrat999
Grafter

interesting link thanks - i have experimented with a camera having linked it to the Proshop connection (which i have already setup with PN) and it only took a week to use about 10gb so i had to shut it down before the pro noticed !
what i am really getting at is there any limitation on the down/upload capacity on the top business package ? i cannot see anything anywhere that says there is but likewise it doesnt say anywhere it is unlimited. it is a 12 month contract so i need to get this right - is there a limit on usage at all ?
thanks
James
Grafter

No - There shouldn't be.
I strongly expect all the traffic to get marked as web, thus line speed on business products.
blackrat999
Grafter

Thanks - hopefully i wont have to quote you on it!!
now all i need is for you to extend the referral offer thats on at the moment for another week !
cheers