Did you mean: 

Web hosting functionality - SSI

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Web hosting functionality - SSI

Hi,
My memory is getting rusty and I cannot find the info in the help pages.
1. Does the BUSINESS web platform support SSI?
2. If yes, does it support conditional SSI?
I'm trying to migrate a web site into a new business account - things are not working quite as I expected.  a .htaccess might be required here to invoke SSI, however I have not needed to d this on other platforms.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Web hosting functionality - SSI

These may help http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,83707.0.html http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,53020.0.html/ although it depends on how you want to implement it as I don't think that the normal webspace includes php support
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Jim,
Thanks for those pointers.  I guess that PlusNet's defaults are different to other servers I've worked with.  .shtml processing is not enable by default and if index.shtml is to be the default page, then that needs specifying in .htaccess as well!  Shocked
DirectoryIndex index.shtml index.html
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

for once the search button worked
decomplexity
Rising Star

SSI works fine on PN 's Home pages server on my index.shtml  and other pages : I have used it for many years with no issues at all. And yes - you need a modified  .htaccess.
I flirted with conditional SSI but the conditions I wanted to use were too complex for SSI and for those I used PHP off the CGI servers:  PHP to write the SSI 'insert' html which is FTPed from CGI to Home Pages and then simple SSI on Home Pages picks it up and displays it.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017