cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP phone issues with Hub One

Gibbon2021

VoIP phone issues with Hub One

Hi

I have the Plusnet Business Broadband service using a Static IP address on the Plusnet Hub/Router.

I have a couple a SIP phones that register via a Session Border Controller using TLS/HTTPS/SRTP using ports 4431 and 5061.

If I reboot the router, the phones register. The next day the phones refuse to register until I reboot the router again. I've tried disabling the firewall and doing some port forwarding but still the same issue.

I'm wondering if there is still some PnP process happening that is blocking the incoming signals from the SBC. Using Wireshark I can see the web logon request from the handset hitting the SBC and passing through to the PBX and the SIP 200 OK returning from the PBX to the SBC, but it doesn't seem to be getting back to the handset without the reboot.

Any suggestions? I'll get a replacement router if that might solve the issue (unless Plusnet have a better option when there are problems). It's the standard Sagemcom Hub One I have.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: VoIP phone issues with Hub One

@Gibbon2021  not working after a day would correspond with DHCP lease time. Do the phones and SBC use DHCP or are they on static IPs ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

One of my referrals uses VoIP with a recently installed H1 with no issues.

If this is a matter of the phones not renewing their IP lease (check the router trouble shooter pages) you might try IP address reservations within the router for the VoIP phones.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gibbon2021

Hi MisterW,

It shouldn't be the DHCP lease time as I increased the lease duration to 7 days.

Thanks,

Gibbon2021

Hi Townman,

Yes I might try configuring the phones with reservations or just static IPs, but as i said to MisterW, I changed the lease duration from the default 1 day to 7 days.