cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Credit Notes not available

Username
Grafter

VAT Credit Notes not available

I find it unbelievable that PlusNet can not supply VAT Credit Notes for Referrals prior to the latest billing system change. How is a business supposed to submit their quarterly VAT return, when basic information like this is no longer available.

So far I've wasted over an hour on the phone tying to get this sorted, that's time that should not need to have been spend in the first place!

7 REPLIES 7
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: VAT Credit Notes not available

Hi @Username,

We can supply them, unfortunately it's a pain that you can't obtain them easily yourself on the Portal. Hopefully the update on the bills makes this slight inconvenience worthwhile.

In the interim I've emailed you the credit notes to your contact email address. Let me know if you need anymore. In future I'd maybe suggest if it's not urgent then let us know on the forums and we'll happily try and help. 

Username
Grafter

Sorry to report that we have still not received the VAT Invoices/Credit Notes you mention, the ones emailed to us are both entitled "This is not a VAT invoice", as seen below -

not VAT inv.PNG

Username
Grafter

@JOLO The only update needed with the billing platform was for PlusNet to email them out, rather than enforcing business user to log on to a portal and download them. This has been request numerous times over the years and at one point PlusNet even told their users this would happen! Sad

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Username,

Ah okay, apologies I thought it would email the credit notes as we saw them here. Instead I've attached them as PDF documents for you on this ticket. Let me know if that suffices. 

Yeah I'm sorry about them not being emailed out, but that's not something I can get changed, I'm afraid. 

Username
Grafter

@JOLO Thank you, we finally got what we needed. It's a great shame your telephone support operators couldn't have arranged for that, it was perfectly clear that those I spoke with had no idea how VAT works, and why these were needed, let alone how to send them to us.

How about an ex gratia credit on our account for the all time taken (84 mins on the phone, plus posting here) to sort this out, when it was so very clearly not our fault at all?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It was on the agreed "To do"  list back in 2007 (back in the days of PUG).  But it got deleted from the list and never re-surfacedEmbarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Username
Grafter

@MauriceC The good olde days of PUG, how things have moved onwards, and in many cases downwards, since then. I very much doubt we'll ever see users being invited to PlusNet Towers again in Sheffield for the day and being given exclusive looks at what was coming up in the PlusNet world.