cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Business BB from home (speed issues)

jbatt
Grafter

Upgrading to Business BB from home (speed issues)

Hi
I requested my account gets upgraded from home to Business "High-performance solution for businesses with more than 10 PCs"
My connection while using the home package was normally pretty good. Since changing to the business package, both my download and upload speeds have fallen quite bad.
I have done 6 speed test ratings
Download 1.1Mb
Upload: 129k
Nothing has changed with my local lan (I'm an IT/network guy with 15 years service).
I cannot run my business on these slow speeds and was wondering if there is a general fault with my account.
Thanks
James
3 REPLIES 3
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Upgrading to Business BB from home (speed issues)

link:speed is probably a good place to start.
Could you possibly post the results of the BT Speedtest and the Plusnet Speedtest.
Can you also post what it says here
Also, could you post your router stats - particularly the Sync speed, SNR/Noise Margin and Attenuation.
We'll start there - those pieces of information should hopefully give us a good starting point.
B.
jbatt
Grafter

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. I will get you the requested information this evening.
I saw couple of threads back someone appeared to have the same issue as me. I was hoping it would be a quick look at the account and flick a few switches Wink
Thanks
James
prichardson
Grafter

I have had a look at the account and in this case, there are no switches to flick as everything shows a normal.
I may however have one option to look at and would appreciate if you can raise a ticket on your account so I can add some detail for you, which will need to be performed whilst by the connection.
If you can also provide a contact number in the ticket, I will try and call, though that may prove dificult given my current circumstances, but we shall see.