cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Business Broadband

kennethk
Dabbler

Unlimited Business Broadband

I have Unlimited Business Broadband contrarct for years. This months I switched from ADSL to FTTC. Plusnet suddenly decided to charge me £1 per GB although my contract says "unlimited". Can someone tell me what's going on...?

30 REPLIES 30
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Unlimited Business Broadband

Hi @kennethk, I'm sorry to hear there may have been some confusion upon your recent re-contract. I have seen you've been in touch earlier and have been advised how this can be corrected moving forwards. The ticket relating this can be found here. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards please do let us know.

kennethk
Dabbler

I was told all was sorted back then, but I started receiving the usage warning emails again. You send me one per GB, which means I receive one email per hour, and I get 150 emails so far. I hope this doesn’t mean you are charging me £1 per GB, which means something like £2,400/year? Can you please rectify this at once.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account / Billing to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hiya. I've added a reply to your support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=191095383

Let us know over here once you've responded and we'll pick this up as soon as we can

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kennethk
Dabbler

I had received info, thanks. As you cannot issue the invoice due to the billing system problem I (and you) still don't know when and how much the next bill (the first bill for fibre) will be - I really hope you won't automatically deduct hundreds of pounds from my account.

In the meantime can you please stop the auto-generated usage warning emails? I must have received at least 150 emails so far.

Thank you again Mithrandir!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @kennethk

Thanks for getting back to us. I have responded to your comments via the support ticket on your account here

Kind Regards,

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @kennethk 

A public answer has not been offered here.  If Plusnet cannot suspend the notification emails, depending on your email client, you might find an inbox rule helpful to move or simply delete the emails when they arrive.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kennethk
Dabbler

Yes of course I can set up a filter to weed out these emails but I think I will just leave it just to keep me amused at how long it’d take to fix the billing system Cheesy

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If your account is in suspended billing, then do not hold your breath.  Some accounts (mine included) have been suspended since Nov 2018.  I believe it to be the case that where an account is in suspended billing, it is not possible to apply product changes … and the existing products just keep on raising charges.

I hope that one of those tickets you have been pointed to provides assurance that all PAYG broadband bandwidth charges will be refunded in full to the extent (last 90 days) that they appear on your bill when the billing for your account is reinstated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kennethk
Dabbler

I have been assured that there won’t be any PAYG charge for me from day one, but I have this funny feeling that Plusnet will withdraw 3 months worth (£600?) as soon as they can do so anyway. Or Plusnet can carry on sending me an email per hour forever and there are no bills to pay - I can live with that Wink

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the confusion on my part, it appears on this occasion I may have overlooked the issue my colleague Matt (from over Twitter) picked up on. I've dug into this further and I can see that your package is indeed showing as unlimited in the billing engine. This means that once your account has been unsuspended we should be charging you in accordance with that.

What appears to be stuck is your product change to unlimited on the front-end accounts system which unfortunately does trigger the automated emails regarding your usage even though the package is unlimited in the billing engine.

For the time being, filtering out the usage emails to a separate folder or straight to trash would be an idea.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected upon request.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kennethk
Dabbler

I have just received a bill of £160.25, which includes fibre usage from April. It's 101 days instead of 90 days. Would this be corrected?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

That's definitely an issue so apologies for any confusion. I've raised the matter internally. 

What may be the quickest way to get this resolved is if I can either refund the excess or credit you on the next monthly bill.

Would either be OK?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kennethk
Dabbler

Yes either would be fine of course. Thank you for your response Adam.