cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy Buisness Customer

moemoff
Grafter

Unhappy Buisness Customer

I am on an 80/20 connection Fibre. Recently I had  phone problem - bad noise on the line which was repaired with being put on a new pair. My business entails sending photos to various places and it needs to be done quickly. Therefore a good upload speed is required. I did have an upload speed of 16/17 mb  and 73mb download. I now have 8mb upload speed and have been told it is within the norm despite having twice the speed before.
I have had installed a brand new Draytek modem (which can if needed do VDSL as well) but is currently piggybacking the BT modem. All cables and connections have been replaced but I am still getting the reduction in upload speed. I asked for a profile reset but was told Plusnet cannot do this or even request it. Seriously .. I pay each month a large amount of money but Plusnet Buisness support say they cannot request a profile reset??? Really?? Do I have to take my business elsewhere to get it sorted??? They do know that there is more than one account involved if I do go??
Could an administrator take a look please because this is one unhappy customer.
6 REPLIES 6
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unhappy Buisness Customer

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear of the frustrations you are seeing on your Business Fibre service.
I've flagged this to our faults team and we'll get back to you shortly.
neilm
Dabbler

Hi there,
I have raised a support question on your account and updated with test results and instruction on how to proceed, in terms of further information required.  If you go to www.plus.net, hit 'Help & Support' (to the left of 'Member Centre') , then 'View Your Questions' you can find the question that I have raised.  If you can respond accordingly, we will endeavor to assist you further and get this issue resolved for you.
moemoff
Grafter

Ok .. I think we solved the problem .. and I apologize for inconvenience caused ..
The computer I work on has a motherboard that comes with an application called Killer Network Manager. I have never used it or even looked at it. Recently I had a problem whereby system restore had to be used - A Microsoft patch for Windows 7 Pro got stuck and was like that overnight - System Restore somehow reverted this to 100mbs download and 10mbs upload in the section called Internet provider speed. Disabling Bandwidth control restored the speed. This might help with other folks.
Again I apologize for the problem  .. Plusnet were in no way at fault and as with most Techie problems .. I suffered tech rage when work sending was hampered by an apparent loss of upload speed.
Embarrassed
picbits
Rising Star

We've probably all done something similar - not everyone is man enough to admit it though Smiley
Glad you've sussed it though - always good when it gets resolved.
moemoff
Grafter

Fair is fair though .. I am not having a wrong hanging around on tinternet when it can be righted. Been with them years.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm glad you've managed to get to the bottom of the problem! Smiley