Did you mean: 

Transfer order being cancelled by current supplier

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Transfer order being cancelled by current supplier

Thanks for getting back to me @kopiearlestown 

I agree that these type of complex system issues are frustrating for everybody involved. As always I'll make sure I proactively chase this up, provide updates and replace the order as soon as we can so you don't need to chase us yourself.

I've discussed this with our suppliers helpdesk for over an hour (including one of their team supervisors), they've liaised with their cancellation team who have raised what's known as a bridge case with ASG and the supervisor's agreed to take ownership from their side of things.

I've been provided a review date of 20/11/20 to allow some more time for the issue to be fixed, but I'm hopeful that following the actions they've taken today we're moving forward. If I hear back before Friday I'll be sure to let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kopiearlestown
Hooked

Well what a sorry end to a business relationship. 😢

Tired of the constant delays, I made the decision to re-contract with our existing provider, as Plusnet are clearly unable to fulfil their obligations under the order placed. I notified them of this in response to the ticket earlier today.

My reply crossed over with another response from PN which was advising further delays due to yet another issue experienced with their supplier, which further compounded my frustration and confirmed that I’d made the right decision to abort the attempt to move to PN.

Having asked for the money paid to be refunded, I’m now told I have to go through the service cease process - actually, I was initially told that I had phone up, but was then provided a link to the policy which also includes the option to request a service cease by post.

My position remains that Plusnet have failed to provide any service and as such there is no service to cease. They’ve failed to fulfil their obligations under the order I placed and have taken and refused to refund a card payment for a service they have not and will not be able to provide.

Now we’re left in a position where I am having to instigate chargeback proceedings for the card payment. This whole sorry mess has left such a bitter taste that I will now be actively moving our other business accounts away from PN as matter of urgency.

And to think that Plusnet used to be renowned for excellent service. 😢
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @kopiearlestown 

I'm really sorry again for the issues and you've decided to cancel. I've discussed this with my manager and I'm sorry to say but you'll need to call us on 0800 013 2632 or post us a letter to cancel as we can't take cancellation requests via a ticket.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@kopiearlestown 

This is a disappointing tale, sadly not uncommon when BT's internal records are fouled up.  It would be of great interest to know how your current supplier fairs in reinstating service.  From what you've shared, it would appear that their hands are not entirely clean here.

If the BT records are fouled up in respect of your current line, it will be interesting to see how long it takes BT to sort it out for them ... though there is every chance that after Plusnet's efforts, BT might have got their collective fingers out of their sunless holes and already fixed THEIR issues.  Personally I hold the view that BT will sort out other ISP's issues far quicker than Plusnet's for other ISP's are more likely to complain to Ofcom for service as bad as this.

Repeated "come back in 48 / 72 hours" responses from BT has been a subject raised repeatedly by the super users, but I fear that until one brave soul in Plusnet is prepared to make the career limiting decision of reporting their bosses to Ofcom for gross incompetence, there will be no change in BT's behaviour.

It is quite evident that BT really believe that telling their retail customers "Just go away and wait until we get around to it" fulfils a "That'll do" service standard.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

... I'm doubly gutted here to realise that the other business is probably @newtondeli where not too long ago a lot of sterling work was done by @Gandalf  to sort out the rather poor d-side circuit which caused so many issues earlier this year.  It seems that the goodwill which arose for that might well now have been totally squandered.

MF - Good luck with the new Coffee Shop venture.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kopiearlestown
Hooked

Thanks @Townman . You're right, @newtondeli is indeed one of our other accounts (we also have 2 office accounts, and a third shop all with Plusnet - for our sins!)

Credit to @Gandalf for his efforts again with this one, and for taking the time to call me earlier to sort out the cancellation and refund on this aborted transfer. He's also offered a goodwill gesture which will go some way to covering the costs incurred in trying to put this mess right. 

Feedback from me is that it's a frankly ludicrous process whereby PN are unable to accept written instructions to cancel (when in fact many suppliers INSIST on such instructions being given in writing) through their own electronic communications system. There was absolutely no need for a phone conversation today, as all that happened was that @Gandalf called me, took me through security and then actioned the cancellation - without me having to even ask for it. No reason whatsoever that couldn't be done without the need for the call, and I'll be honest it was the arguing back and too on the ticket which did far more damage to the goodwill than all of the supplier issues combined! I realise it's simply a case of being process bound, but when a process is ridiculous it needs to be highlighted. Totally understand that cancellations usually need to go through a retentions process, and that a salesperson would want you on the phone to try and convince you not to cancel and give their best spiel, but when there's actually no service to cancel as PN had failed to provide one and the cancellation was entirely down to their failings, the last thing I needed was further inconvenience by having to jump through such hoops.

BTOR have let PN down spectacularly here (as they did with our d-side circuit issues at the beginning of the year), and PN's own stubborn processes have let them down equally impressively. All round a pretty poor experience, a waste of 2 weeks of my life, and a very sour taste left in the mouth. That retentions advisor is REALLY going to have their work cut out for them when each of our lines comes out of contact!

Incidentally, I agree that XLN haven't come out of this smelling of roses either, however amazingly they had us back on service within the day, and due to their part in the farce they've agreed to match the PN deal we were switching to as well, so the eventual outcome is good for all apart from PN.

@Townman if you ever find yourself over this way again, pop in for a coffee. Smiley 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@kopiearlestown 

MF - thank you.  When we get out of this lockdown I will make a day of it, take the Warrington Bus Network's most southern service and pop up your way - to the coffee shop or the deli!

I am perplexed that your existing supplier had you reconnected within the day when BT rules (for Plusnet) is a minimum of 5 working days.