cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to register a domain?

stevem999
Hooked

Time to register a domain?

Hi, can anyone advise how long it typically takes for a domain name registered through Plusnet to appear on my control panel please? I registered a new .co.uk domain a few days ago and got an on screen message saying that the registration was successful but there has been nothing sent to the contact email address I used for the registration, nor has anything appeared in the 'domain names' section of my Plusnet account. First time for registering a domain name so I have no idea how long it should take. Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Time to register a domain?

@stevem999 wrote:

I registered a new .co.uk domain a few days ago and got an on screen message saying that the registration was successful but ...

Although the on screen message said registration was successful I have my doubts. Sad You can check this by querying the Nominet registry at https://www.nominet.uk/whois/

I suggest giving Business Support a ring to progress this registration.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you haven't had a response to your domain registration yet.

Can you PM me your username and I'll look into this for you.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevem999
Hooked

Thanks David, just checked nominet and nothing showing. Sad

Just PM'd Gandalf as suggested in the next post though and hopefully it will get resolved. Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the message, I've sent the ticket on to your account over to our domains team to manually complete the registration for you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet