Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to activation

grahambeek
Dabbler

Time to activation

Hi.
I was wondering how long it usually takes to get broadband activated from signup?
I signed up on 7/4 and it's now the seventh working day (taking bank holidays into account) but the order tracker hasn't moved off the "checking details - awaiting submission" pointer. I know it says 7-10 days, but I espected it to have moved by now!
Also, I read somewhere that the website would be available within 12 hours from account creation. I can upload files to it so it seems the account is there but the site doesn't exist yet on the net. Does it become "live" 12 hours after broadband has been activated?
Cheers for any info.
Graham
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Time to activation

Checks on your account show that we are currently awaiting confirmation from your bank of your Direct Debit information.
As Direct Debit was selected as the only option, it was noted within signup this would extend the action by between 7 and 10 days depending on the speed of the banking system.
It's actually this that is also causing the lack of website.
If you call our Business Support team on 01142965182, we can update you account with card payment details which can start the process right away. Otherwise, the Direct Debit should become active any day now.
grahambeek
Dabbler

Re: Time to activation

Many thanks for the quick response.
I did wonder that but thought the bank stuff might happen later on in the process. I thought the "submitting details" might still be an internal process step.
Cheers,
Graham