cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary pause on business phone and broadband for my shop

LatteQueen
Hooked

Temporary pause on business phone and broadband for my shop

It is obviously going to be a while before I am able to operate from my shop again and therefore will not be using my business phone or broadband. Is there a way for me to pause my service and therefore reduce my costs when there is no income?

5 REPLIES 5
Safehands

Re: Temporary pause on business phone and broadband for my shop

I'm sorry that I'm not responding to offer you a solution but to say that I'm in the same boat and to be honest, I'm staggered that not one single acknowledgement from a Plusnet staff member or moderator has been posted about this extremely important topic.

I could save around half of my monthly invoice without the line rental charge. The minimum period to terminate my contract is three months, so with the extension of Coronavirus lockdown being in 3 weekly intervals up to now, it's not really an option to give notice to leave Plusnet as the lockdown could be lifted before the notice is enacted and I'd haemorrage even more cash from the business through lost business waiting to be reconnected to a different supplier anyway.

....over the proverbial barrel, it would appear.

I've searched extensively through the help pages but can't find anything which addresses this issue.

Perhaps it's worth trying to get through again on the support line as support is apparently being offered for those small businesses struggling to pay invoices.

I think your suggestion of pausing the service during this unprecedented national crisis would be a feather in Plusnet's cap.

I can't find an option under Business Support to open a Chat session unless it's to buy a new product.

I suppose you could do as I intend if I can't get through, which is to email the chief exec. (who comes under BT rather than Plusnet, for what it's worth).

Good luck, I hope your business doesn't go under.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @LatteQueen and @Safehands,

Thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the current circumstances are causing you. Depending on where you are with your contract and payments, it may be possible for us to pause the billing on your account for up to three months. The outstanding payments would be due once the billing comes off pause but we would be able to arrange a payment plan at that stage to spread the cost. Please let us know if you'd like us to look into this for you and let you know whether this would be an option on your account.

If you'd prefer to discuss cancelling the account and then starting up a new account when the situation improves, our customer options team are the best people to speak to. For business accounts, their contact number is 0800 013 2632  and they are available between 9am and 5:30pm Monday - Friday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Safehands

Hi Emily (in Plusnet Support)

Many thanks for your reply. I'll try the Business Support team regarding cancelling and restarting when things are back to normal. It's only really an option if the new tariff I'd be on is the same or less than at present and there would be no delay in reconnection.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

"I'm staggered that not one single acknowledgement from a Plusnet staff member or moderator has been posted about this extremely important topic"

For information - moderators of this forum (unlike others) are customers just like you - this is not a matter which moderators can respond to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Unfortunately it is the moderators that respond to many of the issues posted in the fora rather than Plusnet staff, so the moderators are seen as the face of Plusnet. So while I accept that moderators can't deal with contract matters, I am disappointed at the absence of official Plusnet input - particularly for business customers.

It doesn't really matter to me as my business account will close on Friday, but I could not recommend Plusnet for any business user.