cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Directory Business Listing

LynnpinABS
Grafter

Telephone Directory Business Listing

We moved to PN from BT in January this year but I don't understand why we are no longer listed in the phone directory.  I realise that probably very few people use them these days and I can see from other threads that residential lines are ex-directory by default but surely a business line such as ours should still be included?  I'm not aware of signing anything to say I don't want to be in the directory so could someone please advise?
10 REPLIES 10
JCohen

Re: Telephone Directory Business Listing

HI LynnpinABS,
Thanks for your tome on the phone this morning.
As discussed, I have placed an order to update this, which should complete on Friday. I've also popped a ticket on your account to monitor this completing.
Please let us know should you have any further queries.
Jon
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Hello Jon,
Thanks for your help. 
I never dreamed of looking under my own name but I am not surprised when you said in your support ticket "...it appears that whilst you are in the directory, the listing is set for yourself" because when I transferred from BT and received the Plusnet router it was addressed to me personally and not my business name. 
As a side note, my recent connection problems were further exacerbated because my business name was not being included in the Plusnet database and as a consequence when the engineer called initially he could not find us and went away - although it wouldn't have been difficult if he had used a bit more common sense.
This is obviously an ongoing problem and will occur again when I next need an engineer or further help so could somebody in the correct department make sure that my address details are correct this time?  I have asked for this before but it would seem that nobody has bothered.
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Quote from: LynnpinABS
This is obviously an ongoing problem and will occur again when I next need an engineer or further help so could somebody in the correct department make sure that my address details are correct this time?  I have asked for this before but it would seem that nobody has bothered.

I'd really like help on getting this corrected please?
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Quote from: LynnpinABS
I'd really like help on getting this corrected please?

That'll be a no then!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi LynnpinABS,
I'm sorry for the delay in a response getting to you.
I can confirm that the work that my colleague Jon carried out has now successfully changed the listing to your business name.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Thank you, but will this also correct your database for any future contact, deliveries and, especially, engineer call outs?  This is really important please.
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Any chance of a reply please?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi LynnpinABS,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I can confirm that the contact details on your account have been updated to reflect your company name and therefore any future contact, deliveries and engineer call outs will have the business name as opposed to your personal name connected to them.
Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Mark
Grafter

Interesting discussion. From a Plusnet contract perspective, or ideed any supplier relationship, I guess the "name" depends on business type. A limited company will or should be treated differently to a sole trader or partnership. The sole trader is Joe Bloggs T/A ACME builders etc and Joe Bloggs is the legal or contracted entity. ACME Ltd is a different kettle of fish.
Bottom line, this one is sorted, but from a Plusnet sign up perspective, I'm not sure the ability exists to distinguish between the various business types and thus be reflected within "Workplace" correctly. The internal systems have evolved from a consumer focussed system and that'll be where the issue lays.
M
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: Linn
I can confirm that the contact details on your account have been updated to reflect your company name and therefore any future contact, deliveries and engineer call outs will have the business name as opposed to your personal name connected to them.

Linn,
Whilst there can be every confidence that PlusNet records have been updated, can there be the same confidence that BTOR plant information has been updated as well?  Personal experience informs me that that what PN tell BTOR is often ignored.
When I ran the pub, whose name changed in 1995 and PN supplied a business service from 2010 - every BTOR visit looked for the premises by the old Pub name despite PN supplying specific instructions to look for the premises by the new name and attempting to get BTOR records updated.
PN never provided service under the old name, yet BTOR always looked for it because of THEIR records.  Sad Sad
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.