cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking on Phone while keeping my broadband?

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Taking on Phone while keeping my broadband?

I'm interested in taking on a phone package after finally getting fleeced from BT for the last few years (another story) Someone from sales called me a few months back and offered me 25gig broadband usage for 18months @£9.50 which I signed up for. When I try to add a phone package in the member centre I don't get the option to keep my current BB package only unlimited plus it says my current package is £12 PM which it isn't.

Can't I just add phone to my current package which I'm happy with? Starting to change my entire package makes other providers more economical and I can get new sign up deals with them.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Taking on Phone while keeping my broadband?

Sorry to hear the online product change process isn't allowing you to keep your current broadband package.

We should be able to get round that over the phone. I'd recommend contacting our business customer options team on 0800 013 2632 during the week. They're open Monday to Friday 0900-17:30. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Managed to get this sorted out, now getting unlimited BB and a decent phone package for less money than I was paying for pretty much an incoming line from BT, happy days. Shocks me BT customer service that after 4 years of being a customer they were totally non negotiable on my package, what a way to run a business!

When I asked to leave BT I got an email saying that I wouldn't be charged for the remainder of my contract and I had to keep that email as proof, lo and behold 4 days later I get a bill for £201.89 for leaving early, ironic that a company that deals in communication doesn't even communicate between its own staff. No doubt that leaves me having to fight the bill but at least now the doubtless numerous phone calls WILL be part of my inclusive package.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Managed to get this sorted out, now getting unlimited BB and a decent phone package for less money than I was paying for pretty much an incoming line from BT, happy days.

Fantastic, happy to hear that

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet