Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a lesson on marketing to Business Customers from your parent company

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Take a lesson on marketing to Business Customers from your parent company

BT Business Forum
At BT we are very keen to offer applications to customers that can enhance the quality of the broadband service that we provide. More information on what Desktop Help can do is available here: http://www.bt.com/business/help/desktop While we accept that at present there is only a Windows version available, this does cover the vast majority of our customers.
To help us present this opportunity, we have recently started using the redirect facility for this service message, as when trialled it did allow us to successfully communicate the availability of Desktop Help to a large number of customers. We have set this to be viewed at first log in the morning to minimise any impact during the working day. Customers should only see this message once. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
We do believe that having this capability installed will, for most customers, help provide an even more reliable service and for this reason we would urge customers to install it. However if you do decide that Desktop Help is not for you at present, there is an easy click-through which will allow you, within seconds, to be back to your normal internet browsing.
Thanks for your comments, any feedback whether positive or negative is appreciated to enable us to continually strive to improve our service to our customers. Your comments will be fed into any future development of this tool.
FuriousCustomer
Re: HTTP request hijacking
I am absolutely furious about this. All of our important backups and scheduled tasks have failed over night. A huge proportion of our staff's software has stopped working/syncing/connecting until I have arrived in the office to work out what's been going on.

This is absolutely unacceptable behaviour BT and signals the end of our custom. My Director is making the termination call right now.
Goodbye and thanks for nothing.

2 REPLIES 2
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Take a lesson on marketing to Business Customers from your parent company

So, the first person to access the internet in the morning gets redirected?
So, automated processes aside (this could easily break several automated reporting tasks that I have scheduled at work), the first person for us is likely to be the Directors PA.  Who has no privileged rights on her domain-controlled PC?  Who is not hugely computer literate and will likely think the message is from IT?
I'm glad I'm not with BT.
B.
msssltd
Grafter

Re: Take a lesson on marketing to Business Customers from your parent company

Call me a cynic but I think what they meant to say is...
At BT we are very keen to offer applications to customers that can enhance the quality of the broadband service that we provide.
We want to deter everyone from contacting technical support.
More information on what Desktop Help can do is available here: http://www.bt.com/business/help/desktop While we accept that at present there is only a Windows version available, this does cover the vast majority of our customers.
We only want undemanding customers that use Windows to browse a few web pages and download a couple e-mail. Should there be any chance you might have a clue, please take your custom elsewhere.
To help us present this opportunity,
Unfortunately the head markcomms department allegedly failed his English Language GCSE and often gets 'opportunity' and 'exploit' muddled up.
we have recently started using the redirect facility for this service message, as when trialled it did allow us to successfully communicate the availability of Desktop Help to a large number of customers.
We will spam our customers any which way we can.  Our profits are more important than your privacy.
We have set this to be viewed at first log in the morning to minimise any impact during the working day. Customers should only see this message once.Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
See we know this is spam really and we know spam annoys people but we have said sorry, so that makes it OK.
We do believe that having this capability installed will, for most customers, help provide an even more reliable service and for this reason we would urge customers to install it.
It's probably not very helpful but it will be branded with our name and contribute to our marketing.
However if you do decide that Desktop Help is not for you at present, there is an easy click-through which will allow you, within seconds, to be back to your normal internet browsing.
Yep, this is an opt out scheme and somewhat illegal, but that's OK because we already apologised and the ICO will let us off again.
Thanks for your comments, any feedback whether positive or negative is appreciated to enable us to continually strive to improve our service to our customers.
Sorry, marcomms are confused again.  They said 'Service to...' but meant 'Profits from...' 
Your comments will be fed into any future development of this tool.
The development team has been laid off already.  HR have assured us the The Job Centre do a much better deal on IT Professionals.
Cheesy