Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Problems etc

Docrob
Grafter

Sync Problems etc

Hi,
I reported a fault with my ADSL link on Monday Ticket no 25088829. The problem being loss of sync and random dropping of the line which started about midnight the night before. I checked all the internal connections and filters etc. I have since bought a new modem router in case that was the problem. The problem persists albeit not quite so badly but I am getting high latency on some applications which make them almost unusable. The fault was escalated to BT Mid day on Monday - since then nothing!!!!.
Can some pressure be put on bt to get there finger out !!
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Sync Problems etc

Hi Docrob,
I've just spoken to the guy that's been looking into your fault over the last couple of days.
He's going to give BT a ring to find out the latest and then get in touch with you.
Thanks for your patience.
charly

Hi
I've also been having sync problems - since 2 May. I ring Plus Net most days only to be told that its being worked on. I think the main problem is that Plus Net support measures seem to focus on moving the item within their process rather than focusing on fixing the issue.
I hope you have more luck than I have had - makes the O2 business broadband product look even more appealing as they offer to get an engineer out on site next business day.
Mark
Grafter

I think the main problem is that Plus Net support measures seem to focus on moving the item within their process rather than focusing on fixing the issue.

Hi there.
I'm sorry that this problem has taken some time to resolve. Unfortunately thats the way intermittent faults can go sometimes. They always prove the hardest to resolve.
I have reviewed your situation and feel your comments above are a bit harsh tbh.
We raised your fault direct to BT on 2 May and on 4 May it was returned as fixed by BT who reported that the line card had been reset. It went on from there with direct contact and updates to yourself by phone, ticket and Text message.
The business team are massively focused on getting problems fixed and indeed have an excellent record in this area. As I mentioned, intermittent faults can be complex to diagnose and resolve and from what I can see everything possible has been done to resolve your issue including replacing your master socket. I sincerely hope that BT's actions at your exchange have now resolved this issue.
With regard to Enhanced care offered by O2. We also offer this to our business customers for £8.50 per month ex vat. More details can be found here link
It might be worth bearing in mind that irrespective of whether its O2, us or anyone else, the copper pair between your premises and the exchange is still owned and maintained by BT Openreach and on most occasions thats where the bottleneck occurs :(. We have a tried and tested method of escalation within OpenReach and we'll happily badger them when and where necessary, as we have done, several times in your case.
Anyhow, fingers crossed for a successful resolution of your issue.
Let me know if I can help in any way.

Docrob
Grafter

I am still having problems with this some 3 weeks after the fault was reported.  BT have visited and the engineer said that the line had a very high noise level. He changed the master socket, replaced the cable between the socket and the pole opposite (This involved stringing the cable across a major trunk road). The connection has been stable for some time now but at reduced speed ~ 3Mb as apposed to the 8Mb it has been for around 2 years. I have been trying to get this sorted. I hva been getting in my view a brush off for Plus net in that they don't seeem to want to take this further. I raised the point about reduced speed and was told it was the s/n threashold being altered which reduced the speed, faults have now some 6 days later said that th ethreshold had not been changed. They suggested that I reboot my moden. This has resulted in a reduction in speed. This is very poor support from plus net - BT have done a lot better. Considering the higher charges for business users - I have paid Plus net a lot of money in the time I have been with time yet I get poor treament when I need help.
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
Sorry to hear that you are still having problems.
Rather than fob you off this is our last reply to you yesterday.
Checking the line indicates the current SNR is still set to 12db and this should be updated automatically by dynamic line management at the exchange, when you power down the router and plug it into the master socket. If you can do this and update us if the speed issue persists, we will look at testing / escalating the issue further with BTwholesale.

Please be assured that we will not fob you off in any way and will continue to work with you on this and keep you updated.

prichardson
Grafter

Hi,
I have attempted to contact you regarding the fault report this morning after completing a full review of the fault report.
We do need to speak to you about this as there is some quite specific testing we need to perform.
If you have a look at the ticket, full details are available and contradict some of the information you have provided. We agree something is amiss, but is far from the levels you are reporting.
The testing confirms some of your findings (the symptoms) but cannot locate any causes, no matter how subtle. As such, some further tests need to be performed in a specific configuration.
If you can get back to me on the ticket and ensure I have the best contact information, as it would seem this has been part of the delay in attempting to contact you each time we review the fault.
Docrob
Grafter

I see no cotradiction, line speed is still around 3M even after a reboot.  All I am asking for is the line returned to the state it was before the fault with lack of sync occoured, I cannot see whay this is not possible.  I have replyed to the voice mail I recieved. The low speed is with 2 different modems connected to the test point on the master socket with 2 different filters. This is the 3rd time that the internal wiring has been eleminated what do you want me to do do this every hour just in case the fault has magically transffered itself form th eline to my house. The BT engineer said that he would try other things like swop circuits if the fault did not clear BUt now from talking to Customer Service I now understand that a new Ticket has to be opened with BT as the time since the original ticket is now closed due to the lenght of time taken by plus net to go back to BT. This is not good service.
I would also ask plus net staff to keep mobile phone voice mail messages to the point not go into what O2 may or may not do adding to my already high mobile phoone bill.
prichardson
Grafter

Nobody has asked you to do anything of the sort, however you are free to read the full history of the issue yourself, both the internal notes and responses by yourself.
It is indeed the case that the case with our suppliers (BT Wholesale) has closed. As noted in my previous response, this is due to a delay in processing your fault due to being unable to speak to you.
We have attempted at each touch of the fault to call, but receive a voicemail message. As key information needs to be provided to you, a test needs to be carried out or other key events that require either a verbal or written response, we have had little option than to delay until we receive the information.
In regards to the action the Openreach engineer advised to you such as swapping pairs. Is there any specific reason this did not take place, as the engineer was clearly in a position to provide a demonstration prior to him leaving of faster speeds, either on your own equipment (not normally done) or on his own laptop.
If this demonstration is not upto standard, then you yourself are in the primary position to tell him this so he can investigate further, which does not appear to have occured.
I am sorry you feel voicemail regarding your fault this morning was not to the point. On the contrary, it was made in response to queries, information and other points which you raised here in our forums. If you can document this request on the ticket, I am sure our support team will honour this for you, as advised though we really would like information on the best number and contact times, to prevent further delay caused by the leaving of message and then either awaiting your response or us attempting further contact.