cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support feedback

alanh2a
Grafter

Support feedback

at the moment am having an ongoing problem with speed drop from 6mb+ to 500k, so going through the process of resolving the issue have done the usual ie raised a ticket, no problems so far good response. Having been told to do various tests and then get back in touch I phoned the business helpline only to be told in what can best be described as disinterested  'right you'll have to reply to your ticket and wait for up to 3 days'. 'Is that it' I ask... 'yes' the reply,
'i'm paying over £40 per month surely i get a little better support that a home user' i ask
'It's 3 days for all faults like this... Another pause while he waits for me to accept this and go away, which i obediently do Sad
Can't be right i think so i call another number, and the guy  on the '88 number is totally different, couldn't be more helpful.
The moral of the story is, if you get a disinterested support guy, try again and hopefully you'll get one of the guys who sees your problem as a challenge to solve not your problem that gets in the way of his cup of coffee
regards alan
3 REPLIES 3
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Support feedback

I have fed this back for you as there is a very clear and unacceptable level of support taken place on the call.
The two numbers you have called route through to the same team and as such, will likely have been answered by the same person regardless of which one you had chosen.
Our Business Support hours are between 0800 and 2000 Monday to Saturday, outside of these times, the calls are picked up by the staff on the residential desks under the normal call queues.
alanh2a
Grafter

Quote 'The two numbers you have called route through to the same team and as such, will likely have been answered by the same person regardless of which one you had chosen.'
Nope, certainly not the same person, i spoke to two within 5 minutes of each other the first was business support (or so he told me)  the second was a really helpful guy was.
First guy never even asked me my user name or ticket number, (first time this has happened on phoning PN when i told him the problem, he said reply to the ticket and it will be actioned and may take 3 days to sort same as a residential customer
alan
Mark
Grafter

Hi there Alan.
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience of our support.
Can you drop me a PM and let me know the date and time you phoned and the number you rang from. I'll investigate what happened and hopefully identify who you spoke with.
Our business support team are highly skilled,  very dedicated and customer focused. We are proud of the service levels we normally deliver. Clearly on this occasion something has happened and we have failed to provide you with the service level we would normally expect. That is unacceptable and for that I apologise.
if you can give me that information I'll happily do a bit of digging and get back to you.
Mark
>Edit<  Just to clarify, our business support number is 0114 296 5182 or 0845 002 0170. The 88 number is our residential faults team. Not sure which number you rang first. It would be helpful to know.