Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

FIXED
Stigfish
Grafter

Static IP

Can anyone tell me how to activate this on my business account please, I've tried the add ons section and the broadband section but find no option. cheers. 

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Static IP

So far as I know, and I'm only speaking from knowledge picked up over many years, a static IP is automatically applied on Business accounts - you should not have to activate it, which is probably why you can't find an option to do so.

John
Stigfish
Grafter

Ahh thank you John, to be honest I never even thought to check if it’s already static haha. I’ll have a look. Thanks again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @Stigfish

Static IPs aren't automatically enabled for business accounts, but I've added one for you now.

If you can reboot your router, you should be on the static.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Stigfish Sorry - I genuinely thought they were.

@Gandalf  Sure I read somewhere that static IPs were enabled by default on Business Accounts - has that changed recently, or was I seeing things? 😉

John
Stigfish
Grafter

Great thank you @Gandalf
Stigfish
Grafter

Hey no worries @jab1 I appreciate you trying to help
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@jab1

They are automatically AVAILABLE on business accounts, but they need to be activated. However the manage static IP interface on the portal does not always appear in user account settings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@jab1 wrote:

@Gandalf  Sure I read somewhere that static IPs were enabled by default on Business Accounts - has that changed recently, or was I seeing things? ‌‌

As far as I'm aware, they haven't been automatically available on business accounts for the time I've worked here, but I could be wrong or you may have been thinking of a time long ago before time itself when the internet was young.

@Townman wrote:
@jab1 They are automatically AVAILABLE on business accounts, but they need to be activated. However the manage static IP interface on the portal does not always appear in user account settings.

Not automatically. I had to manually add a static IP component and activate it. It's free though for a business account.

@Stigfish wrote:
Great thank you @Gandalf

No problem, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Townman , @Gandalf  Thanks both for adding to my knowledge - might never use it, but appreciated anyway.😀

John