Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some help with a business package

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Some help with a business package

My son-in-law runs a small car body repair business; he has been with Force 9 (at my recommendation) since May 2004.
He is currently on the legacy Business Broadband Netstart with a fixed speed ‘up to 2 Meg’ package, on an annual contract, paying the equivalent of £32.89 per month. I have checked his usage for the last 3 months and he uses less than 1 Gig per month.
Talking to him yesterday it seems he is receiving offers from other providers to supply his broadband and business telephone line rental and calls package for not much more than he is paying you for broadband alone.
So Plusnet can you come up with a package to provide what he wants before we loose him to the ‘other side’. The reason he really wants to stay is the ‘Fax to Email’ and his web site hosting as this is already working fine and he likes the way it works.
So far I have ‘Talk Talked’  Wink him out of jumping ship but if the business package is not here then I think he will change.
Regards, P.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Some help with a business package

For broadband he should go for Small Business which includes 2GB allowance/month @ £19.99+VAT/month. In fact he should do this now anyway and get ADSL Max speeds.
PlusNet only do a residential phone service so they cannot offer a business solution for the phone and line rental.
Not applicable

Worth noting that with a package change, the Fax-2-email component sometimes goes AWOL. He should mention in a ticket that he wants to keep fax-2-email, and they'll ensure it stays on after the move.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Thanks for the suggestions Guys but I was hoping someone from Plusnet would respond with a suggestion of if and when a business ‘all in one’ package might become available.
I seem to remember at the end of last year someone did mention a business ‘home phone’ package might be on the cards. I have put to him the things he might loose if he changed but I think he will ‘jump ship’ to another provider. Pity as he has been pleased with the service from Force 9 and it means I won’t be able to keep him updated any longer, but such is life.
Regards, P.