Did you mean: 

Small Business Server Anti-Virus

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Small Business Server Anti-Virus

Thanks Maurice. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mssystems
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
If the Internet was the only source of malware I might agree.
Just to be clear here.  By bells and whistles I mean the integrated firewall, anti-spam, anti-phishing, anti-instant message, anti-kitchen sink, you find in the consumer package.  Just eats client resources and duplicates what is already available.
Norton / Symantec Corporate is OK.  I just completed a SAV upgrade project on 300 clients.  About 10% failed miserably and had to be hacked out manually prior to re-install.

Strat
Community Veteran

Agreed there mssystems. I usually install little more than the A/V component on clients as the rest is taken care of by the server.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You don't say if you use exchange for email?
If so I would recommend trend micro client/server messaging suite. It is centrally managed on the server and clients installs are easy and the client systems automatically update from the server, with the server automatically updating from trend.
It has a whole host of features like A/V, anti-spam, firewall, spyware detection etc all configurable from the server for each client and can protect outlook and the exchange server.
I would never recommend any of the Symantec solutions as I have had all sorts of problems on many client sites. The Symantec products appear to work fine for a while but then start to cause all sorts of strange problems making things unreliable. The solution has always been to replace it with trend.
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: Peter
You don't say if you use exchange for email?

Yes we do Peter and thanks Smiley
decomplexity
Rising Star

May I reinforce Strat's comment "...if the Internet was the only source of malware I might agree"
Think USB sticks, think diskettes (if you still have diskete drives) on your client PCs.
Locking the perimeter is fine is there is no other way for malware to enter.
But even if you have cast iron control over client configurations, think guest PCs which are temporarily plugged into your LAN: are your group policies - if you use ADS -  robust enough to prevent malware transmission over the LAN?
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017