Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Business - No Service.

tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Small Business - No Service.

Hello All.
Installed yesterday.
Phone service ported over from BT with no issues.
Adsl changed from Sky to Plusnet Fibre but engineer couldn't get it to work and left muttering something about how the fibre team would have to sort this out.
Currently dead in the water with no internet and trying to run the office off my phone.
I'm seeing people on here who have had to wait months before problems are sorted - is this, in anyone's experience, likely to be the case with a failed install?
18 REPLIES 18
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Re: Small Business - No Service.

An Update.
I had a hunch, just gone into the rack, unplugged the BT Openreach modem and plugged in our old router.
I have working broadband............ FROM SKY.
Thoughts anyone?
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Just noticed there is a Business Fibre users Board - apologies for posting this in the wrong place.
Malcky
Grafter

Hmmm that's a strange one, I'm due to be connected to fibre today (should have been the 11/8 but openreach changed the day) and also migrated from Sky, my sky Internet service cancelled/switched off on the 11/8 as arranged when ordered the package, so it sounds like there is an issue with sky not cancelling your internet service perhaps? 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@tonyflynn1
I can see our Business team are investigating this for you
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Indeed they are and very pleasant and efficient they have been so far, too.
An interesting discovery is that the 'Kelly Communications' installer, who was working on behalf of 'BT Openreach' who were in turn, working on behalf of Plusnet had signed the installation off as complete with upload speeds of 40M and download of 80M.
Actuality is that I'm still getting .8M up and 15M down courtesy of Sky.
I was about to say that you couldn't make it up, however, he clearly did.
StuartUK35
Grafter

although not helpful in your thread, I can honestly say from a personal and business point of view, that when "Kelly Comms" are involved, it only ends with issues..
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Promised installation on the 10th August however, CSR managed to cancel the order, at least she phoned up and apologised.
She promised she would monitor everything personally all the way through and give me her 'Rolls-Royce Service',(her term not mine)
I've never heard from her since - cheers Holly, thanks a lot.
18th August - Installed with no sync and no service -
28th August - Ten days later and...... still no service.
I have been promised an engineer but only if I agree to a ridiculous £135 callout if he finds no fault.
Thank god Sky have left the ADSL on, it's a damn good job I don't have a business to run....... oh.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see our Business team have booked a engineer for Tuesday.
Really hope we get this fixed for you soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

An engineer or merely a disinterested, grunting imbecile?
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Allow me to qualify my comments and expectations with the fact that the exchange (Nine Elms) is 400 metres from my office.
How, on earth, is it possible to screw something up when the whole data path is walkable?
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Up at 04.50 and on the road at 05.15 so that I can be in the office and hang around for an engineer who may, or may not turn up and if he does, may or may not actually get me some service.
Nothing exemplifies this relationship better than the £144+vat that I have to agree to pay if there is no access and the NOTHING I get paid for losing another half a day waiting around.
To compound the issues I've had thus far with Plusnet, I have received this email this morning.
Dear Mr Flynn,
Account username: ******
When you signed up for your broadband account, we performed a check on your telephone line to give you an estimated speed your line might achieve.
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 19.5Mbps
Current line speed: 78Mbps
You can keep a track of your line speed through our website:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
To find out more about how broadband works, and the things that can affect the speed of your service, we've written an article all about high-speed broadband:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/high-speed.shtml
If you've got any questions about your service our Community Forums have loads of information and help available ( http://community.plus.net/forum/ ). You can contact us online using the Help Assistant ( http://support.plus.net/ ) or you can call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/
Email ref: E0520
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU Registered in England no: 3279013
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Ofcom are currently running a consultation about the digital future for the UK. Among many things they are considering is whether to force BT to fully split off OpenReach as a separate company which would focus on providing infrastructure. One of the motivating factors is the current unreliable service of OpenReach. They are looking for responses from the public and business as well as the usual culprits.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
tonyflynn1
Dabbler

Engineer arrived at 09.15 and left at 13.00.
Installer had connected to the wrong pair however it took three changes to eventually find a pair that worked - didn't seem to affect telephone or ADSL.
I'm stunned that it's taken THREE WORKING WEEKS to get this running.